2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes EPS Failure?

05-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #1
IbrahimSy
Registered
Rep
Drives: F02 740li

Unhappy EPS Failure?

I know this fault has been discussed before but I think my situation differs from the others. So please any help is much appreciated

I took my car for a wash and washed under the car with water, done that and took it for a drive for about an hour everything was fine, stopped for 15 minutes restarted the car and I was greeted with EPS warning ��

Scanned it and got the fault 4823E1 (Control unit internal fault hardware) , I thought water got to the EPS motor but the plugs seemed dry and I don’t see how would water get to the module by just washing the car. is there any way to disassemble the unit and check for water and maybe clean it hoping it might work again, used EPS is so expensive here and I can’t afford it for the next 2 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 02:45 AM   #2
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Yep, water ingestion can be the capital punishment to your EPS

Try to unplug and plug the connector first, if there's no luck then I suggest you to visit local indy shop to disassemble the unit and see if there's something they can do. EPS is most expensive part, you gotta find someone specialized in salvaged car parts from junkyard.

see my post here:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...87&postcount=5
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 02:53 PM   #3
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

is the splash shield missing from your car? (the big plastic panel that guards the underside of the engine)