2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW F10 - FOCAL ES100K K2 Power Speaker

10-28-2016, 05:36 AM   #23
gtthree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

There is no central channel on the base hifi.

The only way you will create a centre channel is either via full refit of hifi or HK. Which wil be expensive and give you a poorer result than installing an after market processor such as an after market processor such as the Eton DSP or JBL MS8.
Should you install either of these you will need technic harness and still need to run your own centre channel speaker wire.

I suggest you search the forums on e90 and f30 for other user uinstalls as they will give you a good idea of the work involved.

Personally I am using a technic harness, eton dsp, eton subwoofers and I have a HK speaker set for the woofers and tweeters. Although I may swap these out for focal krs100's but that is further work as they are not plug and play.

Last edited by gtthree; 10-28-2016 at 05:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #24
zequim
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d f10

Nice pics! I am in the same boat here.
Can you please confirm that you had no problem with the depth of the speaker with the adapter assembly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPertz View Post
Project DONE!
It took me ~4 hrs. The preparation took more than the work itself.

Sound is much better, but more noticeable at higher volume.
All in all, pleased with the purchase and with the results.

Next, I'm planning to install the dashboard speaker, but I still didn't find out yet if it's pre wired or not. After that, I'll look for the subs. Still have to decide if to go with FOCAL or SWS Earthquake.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #25
aplinhares
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtthree View Post
If you have the base stereo then there is no pre wiring for the centre speaker.

You need to run one to your amp and you will need to purchase a new centre dash speaker cover as the base cover is solid not perforated.

Running the wire is easy on a right hand drive car, open glove box and remove plastic cover at the top of the glove box then also remove interior panel that would allow you access to the micro filter housing. Youd be able to easily run your wire to the dash and then down the side of the car to the boot(trunk).
i was search for this, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #26
Johngm45
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535xi m sport

Will someone please point me in the direction for purchasing what’s needed for the swap? Crutchfield? This 535 has the HK system . Thx
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 02:03 PM   #27
straightgq@hotmail.com
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 xDrive35i

hello,

I am looking to do this install on my F16. Can anyone tell me how to connect the OEM wire to the Focal crossover? Is some sort of connector required?
Appreciate 0