2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding PDC Problem

08-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

PDC Problem

Greeting from the X5 world. Looks like our cars share the same PDC sensors so I thought I would post here and see if anyone had any advice.

About 8 months ago, one of my PDC sensors started intermittently failing and eventually completely failed, shutting down the entire PDC sensor. Did the finger test to figure out which sensor it was and I also used Protool to double check- front center left sensor. Buy a new sensor, take it to the shop today to have it installed.

After installation, the PDC system is still not working. The shop said all the wiring looked fine but they didn’t have time to dive deeper into the issue today. Checked the fault on Protool and it still points to the same sensor. Tried clearing the fault multiple times but keeps coming back.

Any ideas what else it could be? I guess it’s possible the new sensor is faulty. Only way to tell would be to swap it with the center right one and see what happens
      11-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #2
BMWDriverPhil
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Have you checked the control unit?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #3
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Swap the known sensor to the location that is suspected to have the bad sensor. If it works then wiring and module is ok. If it still doesn't work then the module or wiring have a problem.
Appreciate 0