2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: Austrian GP - Spielberg (June 27 + July 4)

07-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #485
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Not allowed in F1!

Fan of both LEC and PER, but they went for these moves

1. Gambling/hoping the inside driver would check up and yield.
2. Because no walls.

In Perez's case, sorry to say, but really poor decision. He had the car to get it done at about 3-4 other low risk spots on the track, or with an undercut, you name it. Should have been a RB 1-2 today.
As I said : Dammit Checo why ? He just had to wait a few laps , and play the Red Bull strategy !
Checo ran a bad race today .

Horner should speak with him ASAP !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60072.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
      07-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #486
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Hate to say it but...poor Seb got t boned by Kimi at the end eoow and they both lost out, there was no reason to do that and the easy avoiding reaction from Kimi just wasn't there
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 02:35 PM   #487
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Saying that, Checo probably rightly got a 5 sec for forcing Lecrash off in the first incident but not for the second one where Lec got himself into a silly kamikaze position while behind.
LEC's driver style = "Kamikaze the suicide torpedo" (ask MAX)
On the other hand , he's doing more with less...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60072.50
      07-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #488
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
It may be argued that Norris forced Perez out BUT I did not see any touching between the two, nor I see a deliberate move by Norris to force out Perez.

On the other hand, I saw that Perez purposely forced out LeClerc beyond the bounds of hard racing. Started reminding me of the battles he was having with Ocon at Force India.

IMO, he had a dissapointing drive, considering what he could have achieved for RB.
Agreed on the disappointing drive for Checo. But mostly for the unnecessary attempt on NOR early on.

I think we'd all agree that incident 1 between PER and LEC was the most deserving of a penalty, if any were. Incident 2 was a total hail mary by LEC, probably informed by the precedent set on two earlier occasions during the race. I actually think it's pretty funny PER refused to adjust his racing accordingly... Wasn't going to slow and allow some bs outside pass because the stewards were setting weak precedent.

Anyways, take another careful look at PER-LEC incident 1.

a. From his onboard, note where Perez is in relationship to the inside curb and the amount of steering angle. (Vid link below image.) You can see he briefly unwinds the wheel, but I'm not sure that's not a correction after initial contact.

b. From the overhead view, check out the point of initial contact. Who wasn't giving who room here??? What's wrong with all of that space to the left of Charles? LEC was pressuring PER here, trying to force PER to check up, and Checo's no punk, just ain't goin out like that. Racing incidents, all of them. Let them race.

Appreciate 2
fanatic11018.50
      07-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #489
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hate to say it but...poor Seb got t boned by Kimi at the end eoow and they both lost out, there was no reason to do that and the easy avoiding reaction from Kimi just wasn't there
Kimi got at home golfball sized hailstones on his head !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60072.50
      07-04-2021, 02:42 PM   #490
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
LEC's driver style = "Kamikaze the suicide torpedo" (ask MAX)
On the other hand , he's doing more with less...
Lec is always on the edge of crash and his always forcing style earns him the Lecrash nickname.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #491
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Agreed, I'm a BIG KIMI fan but I was like WTF!!!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zD2Y2KgBq.html

Last edited by Killed by Death; 07-05-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60072.50
      07-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #492
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Great race for a Verstappen fan - solid result for RB in general but really feel like they missed a good opportunity for a 1-2 finish. Perez needed some patience there - he put himself in a real bad spot trying to pass on the outside there - way too high risk on that turn as we have seen before & saw multiple times afterwards. RB had pace over McLaren - as Ver showed - Per did not have to press it there.

Mercedes - starting to panic a bit. Hamilton complaining about Bottas racing him? Really - get some self inflicted damage and saying your teammate should not be allowed to race you? That was weak. All the complaining about the pace & power of RB - bummer when you don't have the absolute dominant car on the track anymore. They know the balance has swung hard in favor of Ver in the RB at this point.

Red Bull & Honda - awesome to see the progress they have made. And awesome that they have a driver with the skill to push their car to its potential. Not easy cars to push to the limit as the last 4 number 2 drivers have shown in their cars - but Ver has it figured out and they have become a dominant combination at this point. Hope to see it continue throughout the season and also to the next generation of cars.

Did not think any of those should have been penalties. Also Lec needs to chill out a bit. And someone needs to tell Tsu what the white lines mean.
Appreciate 4
      07-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #493
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Kimi got at home golfball sized hailstones on his head !
What the hell..I mean Seb was past and the steering from Kimi was always into him
Appreciate 2
      07-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #494
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Lec is always on the edge of crash and his always forcing style earns him the Lecrash nickname.
Yeah . As he was saying in the past : It was nothing, it was just a racing "InSheDent"

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60072.50
      07-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #495
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . As he was saying in the past : It was nothing, it was just a racing "InSheDent"
Still reminiscing from his karting days with Max when barging Max off was the only way to pass him.,that vid you showed still there.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #496
M5Rick
General
Rep

This to finish off 'Join the (RB) caravan of love' (specially for hammy
Appreciate 2
      07-04-2021, 03:28 PM   #497
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
This to finish off 'Join the (RB) caravan of love' (specially for hammy
+ "The End"

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60072.50
      07-04-2021, 03:38 PM   #498
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
+ "The End"

In a way Max has to do the job like Capt.Willard on crazed Col.Kurtz
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #499
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Great job again by Max and RB, definitely a class up on the RBR.

I'm withholding judgment on Mercedes until Silverstone. If they're still lagging there with Lewis putting on his best for the hometown fans, Merc might be in trouble this year.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 11:54 PM   #500
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Toto is no Nikki

Toto’s post-race statements were disappointing, blaming Norris and saying they would beat everyone by 30s next race. It’s clear how much influence Nikki Lauda carried in the Merc garage and the void that remains. Toto is overcompensating and looks a bit silly. Bottas drove a very smooth race, too bad he doesn’t have permission to race each weekend.

”Winning is one thing—but out of losing I always learned more. Because you don't waste time blaming somebody else. Analyze yourself. Change yourself to be successful”
Nikki L.

Lando drove a heck of a race, taking advantage of a track with over 30% DRS zones in a Mclaren with a high DRS stall setup. The whining afterward not so much. Ricciardo was underwhelming he can’t get close to Lando in qualifying and small mistake at turn 3 gave Sainz position on the last lap.

I’m not sure if he took hammys radio blurt “he is a great driver - Lando” as patronizing or true compliment. Based on the press conference, Max’s slight mock of the statement... I’m guessing the former.

Last edited by Bubbles; 07-05-2021 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 4
      07-04-2021, 11:56 PM   #501
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Still reminiscing from his karting days with Max when barging Max off was the only way to pass him.,that vid you showed still there.
LeCrash was banging wheels with everyone, he was probably trying to capture driver of the day again.

RBR debadged their Renault trucks. It’s clear no love is lost.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbles; 07-05-2021 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 3
      07-05-2021, 01:12 AM   #502
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
As I said : Dammit Checo why ? He just had to wait a few laps , and play the Red Bull strategy !

Agreed, the car was damaged after the first gravel trap resulting in floor damage and loss of performance. He will need to step it up for silverstone (personal best 9th place)

Last edited by Bubbles; 07-05-2021 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 3
      07-05-2021, 01:16 AM   #503
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

Quote:

Checo was trying to make it a quick pass when the tires were freshest and the gap was small. A lap or two may have made the difference but we’ll never know. Bad luck, even Horner said all the runoffs were just racing incidents. Masi’s crew was off the charts with the penalties today.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2021, 01:18 AM   #504
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Toto’s post-race statements were disappointing, blaming Norris and saying they would beat everyone by 30s next race. It’s clear how much influence Nikki Lauda carried in the Merc garage and the void that remains. Toto is overcompensating and looks a bit silly. Bottas drove a very smooth race, too bad he doesn’t have permission to race each weekend.

”Winning is one thing—but out of losing I always learned more. Because you don't waste time blaming somebody else. Analyze yourself. Change yourself to be successful”
Nikki L.

Lando drove a heck of a race, taking advantage of a track with over 30% DRS zones in a Mclaren with a high DRS stall setup. The whining afterward not so much. Ricciardo was underwhelming he can’t get close to Lando in qualifying and small mistake at turn 3 gave Sainz position on the last lap.

I’m not sure if he took hammys radio blurt “he is a great driver - Lando” as patronizing or true compliment. Based on the press conference, Max’s slight mock of the statement... I’m guessing the former.
I didn’t get the luxury of watching a lot of the after show.

Max mocked the Lando compliment? Aren’t they friends off track, or was he mocking Lewis?

Lando whined post race?
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60072.50
      07-05-2021, 04:37 AM   #505
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Oh come on, this is complete bullshit.
Read your own link:
Marko himself says that:
"In this short period of time that the races are ticked off, it was not possible to have the same parts for both cars"

What don't you understand about this?
They couldn't get enough parts ready in time. So its not "policy" as you falsely claim.....
And yes, like I said before, then VER gets priority. He IS the first driver.
And today he also showed WHY he IS the first driver.
And that's the way in every team. If they don't have enough new upgraded parts, of course the first driver gets those parts. That's not "policy", that's the difference between first and 2nd driver.
Just as the whole car is develloped around the first driver....

IF you want to proove your ridiculous claim, I want to see a quote from either Marko or Horner that they don't give the 2nd driver the newest stuff, even if it's available and the driver wants it.
Because that's when it's "policy"

TBH I don't understand how you can come to such a ridiculous claim. It's in RB's best interest also for the 2nd driver to perform as good as possible. You know, there is also this thing called a constructors championship.....
I don't think there is any team out there that has the "policy" to willingly deny their 2nd driver their latest technology when available. Because that's plain stupid.
"when available" ..
interestingly this is true mostly for RB.. from now on you can keep an eye on different parts on cars yourself.. otherwise even Russell defended Albon back in the days just for the things i ve said for you its stupid..

if you want to ignore facts its something at least.. calling what is real is stupid is in another level.. i cant recall a moment on this board discussing about F1 with RB fans anyway..
      07-05-2021, 05:53 AM   #506
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

So no proof then to back up your claim....

Can't say I'm surprised... the typical bullshit.

You say I ignore facts....
Then come up with some facts!
The only 'proof' you gave speaks against you

Quote:
In this short period of time that the races are ticked off, it was not possible to have the same parts for both cars
What don't you understand about this?!?

Last edited by GuidoK; 07-05-2021 at 06:06 AM..
Appreciate 2