2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 2013 550i- SERVOTRONIC FAULT CODES

12-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #1
BMWNEWOWNER
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 550i

2013 550i- SERVOTRONIC FAULT CODES

Hello, seeking your expertise and help.
Somehow the antifreeze container cap broke - (I had it in the trunk) leaked and fluid sporadically dripped to the battery red power harness and a couple of the control modules ( SG EMF) & (EKPM3) I have cleaned and dried all components as best I could. Unfortunately, the incident resulted in the loss of the power steering. I ran multiple diagnostic scans and detected the following 2 fault codes.

482D07 Permanent SVT servo valve: Short Circuit between positive or negative lead and terminal 30 (battery+).

482D0E Permanent SVT ECO valve: Short Circuit between positive or negative lead and terminal 30 (battery+).

I had the codes erased but they keep returning.
Questions:
1. Where is terminal 30 located?

2. Could have the coolant fluid caused permanent damage to the referenced modules and or the power harness?

3. Are the reported codes indicative o'f a disconnection of the conductivity of the power harness cables / terminals?

Any help is much appreciated.
I will not be storing any fluids in the trunk any longer.

Last edited by BMWNEWOWNER; 12-04-2023 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 12:54 PM   #2
BMWNEWOWNER
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 550i

SERVOTRONIC FAULT CODES - 2013 BMW 550i
482D07 Permanent SVT servo valve: Short Circuit between positive or negative lead and terminal 30 (battery+).

482D0E Permanent SVT ECO valve: Short Circuit between positive or negative lead and terminal 30 (battery+).

Please review previous post for context of issue. Thanks in advance for your input.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 01:58 PM   #3
Matt2408
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Garage List
Any updates on this? I had similar faults and have had the steering fault on and off for a couple of months. At first I though it was the dash cam pulling battery power and so I started to first turn on ignition and they after most of the lights on the dash went off I started the car. This seemed to “fix” the issue. I also unplugged the passenger side door handle because it was faulty. Usually what I had to do was simply restart the car and issue was gone, never popped up during driving. The steering always felt stiffer than say an x5 f15 but I just though that was because my 535 is m sport. Today issue popped up a couple seconds after the car was already running, restarted and code went away but during the first turn of the wheel it felt like the power steering was intermittent during the first turn but then felt “normal” but out of no where on the highway it popped up. After parking I restarted the car and gone again. From other posts I keep thinking it might be battery, but it popped up during driving today. Last week or two I checked the battery state of charge and it was around 72% I think. Back in January I left the car to sit during snow and only started it one over 9 or 10 days. After the first 6 days no issue but after another 3 or 4 days I had a increased battery discharge fault. I think I should go and look for a date on the battery. Any ideas? Did you fix yours? Thanks for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 09:07 AM   #4
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

I'm newish to BMWs (2011 550i owner) so take my notes as they are...

Terminal 30 is located in the trunk, righthand side interior fender wall and is the large relay that has constant power to most drivetrain modules (maybe all?), but does include SVT, DME, etc. There are many posts where the relay posts have gone bad and it needs to be replaced. I would have it checked to see if that is in fact your issue. (others, more BMW expert may have a better solution)

YES, any fluid spilled on electronics can cause issues.

I'm not sure if these codes point to your exact conductivity issue, but does sound to be in the realm of possibility. I've also read that an ABS sensor going bad OR an uncalibrated SZL module (steering wheel) can cause similar malfunctions, so it really is a crap shoot to figure out what the exact culprit is at times.
Appreciate 0