2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications New MAD Product Release -535 F10 N55 Relocation Cold Air Intake

01-02-2024, 02:38 PM   #1
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

New MAD Product Release -535 F10 N55 Relocation Cold Air Intake

MAD BMW 535 F10 N55 Cold Air Intake

Introducing the MAD Performance Intake System, specifically engineered to redefine the breathing dynamics of your engine. This innovative intake system is not just a mere upgrade; it's a complete transformation of your vehicle's air intake process. By strategically shortening the intake piping, we've streamlined the airflow, ensuring that the air takes a more direct route to your engine. This not only boosts efficiency but also enhances overall engine responsiveness.

Key Features:

Optimized Airflow Design: The MAD intake system maximizes the flow of air to your engine, crucial for unlocking higher performance levels. By reducing the distance and resistance air must travel, your engine breathes easier, translating into noticeable gains in power.

Advanced Heat Shield: We understand the detrimental effects of hot engine air on performance. That's why our intake includes a robust heat shield, meticulously designed to block the intrusion of hot air from the engine bay, ensuring cooler, denser air for your engine.

Sporty Induction Sound: Amplify the character of your BMW with a more aggressive and sporty induction sound. The MAD intake system not only improves performance but also enhances the auditory experience, giving your vehicle that much-desired edge in presence and personality.

Low-Maintenance Air Filter: The system includes a high-quality cone air filter, renowned for its durability and ease of maintenance. This filter effectively traps contaminants while ensuring optimal airflow, and its maintenance-friendly and washable design means you spend less time on upkeep and more time enjoying the drive.

Vehicle Compatibility:

This system is designed for precision fitment on the 2011-2016 BMW F10 N55 535i. It's tailored to seamlessly integrate into your vehicle, ensuring a perfect blend of form and function.

PLEASE NOTE: The MAD intake system optimizes the air path by shortening the piping, allowing for a more direct airflow. This redesign involves relocating the air box and filter to the vacant space on the passenger side of the engine bay.

Expected release date is Mar 20th 2024
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 08:14 PM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

I swear MAD's entire business model is just cloning other products. Intercoolers are clones of Wagner, intake is a clone of MST down to the very heat shield lol.

Not complaining. It's nice for consumers. Just kind of funny.
Appreciate 1
paul223411.00
      01-03-2024, 03:41 PM   #3
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
I swear MAD's entire business model is just cloning other products. Intercoolers are clones of Wagner, intake is a clone of MST down to the very heat shield lol.

Not complaining. It's nice for consumers. Just kind of funny.

Our intercooler surpasses Wagner's in terms of performance. It's not accurate to say we've cloned their design. Our intercoolers feature a higher fin density, providing superior performance, especially in street driving scenarios.

Regarding our intakes, we've recently launched our new carbon fiber intakes. We recognized the need for improvements and introduced open vents to previously closed intake designs, enhancing the performance and sound of our models.

Regarding this specific intake, it's already performing optimally, and I don't see a need for modification other than adding a larger filter, which we did. We're committed to making changes only when they offer a benefit.

If we find a high-quality model being sold at an inflated price, we're inclined to design a similar, more cost-effective version without compromising on quality or fitment, ensuring satisfaction for everyone involved.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 07:18 PM   #4
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Our intercooler surpasses Wagner's in terms of performance. It's not accurate to say we've cloned their design. Our intercoolers feature a higher fin density, providing superior performance, especially in street driving scenarios.

Regarding our intakes, we've recently launched our new carbon fiber intakes. We recognized the need for improvements and introduced open vents to previously closed intake designs, enhancing the performance and sound of our models.

Regarding this specific intake, it's already performing optimally, and I don't see a need for modification other than adding a larger filter, which we did. We're committed to making changes only when they offer a benefit.

If we find a high-quality model being sold at an inflated price, we're inclined to design a similar, more cost-effective version without compromising on quality or fitment, ensuring satisfaction for everyone involved.
I'm all for it - a lot of products that are first to market or considered the go-to command a premium for kind of no reason other than "we can squeeze you so why not".

That said, I was not aware that your intercooler featured a higher find density. Essentially wagner end tank's design + better core? Might need to check it out.

One improvement to the intake relocation is including a top cover - when I made my own relocation similar to MST/yours, adding a top reduced cruising IAT's by about 3-4*F. Also, out of curiosity, does the kit come with instructions that suggest users install the 550i's passenger side intake grille "duct"?

Last edited by Unspec; 01-06-2024 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2024, 09:57 AM   #5
12535i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 535i

I love the idea of this because it get's rid of about 6 feet of tubing that all adds air friction.
My question is performance. If i buy this and do 5, 0-80 runs, then install this and do 5 more, if it's not quicker, can i box it up and return it?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 10:23 AM   #6
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12535i View Post
I love the idea of this because it get's rid of about 6 feet of tubing that all adds air friction.
My question is performance. If i buy this and do 5, 0-80 runs, then install this and do 5 more, if it's not quicker, can i box it up and return it?
While that sounds like a fun test our return policy only pertains to unused products and fitment issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:20 AM   #7
s_ribs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 535i xDrive M-Sport, E30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Regarding our intakes, we've recently launched our new carbon fiber intakes.
For F10 535i or is carbon fiber intakes only for other models/engines? I'm only seeing the one you posted above for F10 535i.

PS- glad to see you increased the filter size compared to the MST intake.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:26 AM   #8
s_ribs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 535i xDrive M-Sport, E30

Garage List
One more question - is there a discount for pre-ordering this intake?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:27 AM   #9
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_ribs View Post
One more question - is there a discount for pre-ordering this intake?
We have a forum disodunt code MAD
Appreciate 1
s_ribs37.50