2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes Incredible road car

04-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
BimmerMark2014
BimmerMark
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 528i

Garage List
Cool Incredible road car

I bought a used '10 BMW (CPO) 528i a few weeks ago. I just returned from a 3,000 mile round trip from Michigan to Florida and back. It's was a suitable shakedown cruise to tell me everything I needed to know about this car. And it is awesome. But what really impressed me is the fuel mileage. With the I-6 and six speed auto this BMW delivered over 30 mpg on the highway. According to the onboard gauge I achieved over 33 mpg at one point! Perhaps those on this forum are accustomed to that sort of mileage out of their 5 Series but I am duly impressed. This is not a particularly light car. And frequently on my trip I had to tank up with midgrade when premium was unavailable. So some of that mileage was achieved on less than 91 octane. Sweet!! Of course in traffic around town the mileage dropped to about 20 mpg or perhaps less which isn't surprising. Since this is my first BMW I'm still learning a lot about it - - especially the iDrive features. But so far it's all good!!

Last edited by BimmerMark2014; 04-19-2014 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: mistake in fact
Appreciate 0