2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Secret Menu -Error Codes

10-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #1
Brunner22
Rep
Drives: BMW 535XI

Secret Menu -Error Codes

what's up guys...

i got into the "secret menu" BMWs have and there's a section called error codes.

just wondering if this reads or scans the car the same way as hooking up a code scanner to car would?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

No. It'll store warnings and logs as well, and is near useless for diagnostics. For instance, it'll store a code for if you disable the tilt alarm (pressing lock again when the clown nose is blinking rapidly). It's faster and easier to just use something like bimmerlink to read codes.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:13 AM   #3
Brunner22
Rep
Drives: BMW 535XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
No. It'll store warnings and logs as well, and is near useless for diagnostics. For instance, it'll store a code for if you disable the tilt alarm (pressing lock again when the clown nose is blinking rapidly). It's faster and easier to just use something like bimmerlink to read codes.
okay gotcha. just ordered my adapter for beamercode

im having issues with my fan running at high speed and low speed on and off patters, or just not running at all.. and some weird buzzing noise coming from the left side of my engine block..seen some things saying it's water pump but i performed the test on the pump and it seems to be pumping fine.. tryna find out wtf it is
Appreciate 0