2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Yard freaks

12-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #1255
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Recently planted Camellia. My first. 🙂
Such a vibrant flower! Only blooms in Fall and Winter.
Beautiful plant that loves shade. Careful where you plant it to make sure it doesnt get over exposed to direct sun. Also needs well drained soil and acid.

When we have installed these on job sites, our growers have always reccomended installing them with gravel and peat moss in the bottom of the hole.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13800.00
      04-16-2022, 01:44 PM   #1256
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Begun my routine Spring Weed & FEED treatment. Started with granular using my rotating spreader. Followed by some Mixologist skills with liquid treatment.

Finally, some new flowers going in...
Attached Images

04-16-2022, 07:03 PM   #1257
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

First cut of the year. It's coming along nicely. Neighbors were looking at me like this guy is crazy , it's still in the minus overnight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Buug95917378.00
RickFLM410968.00
TXSTYLE13800.00
Kilabyte3948.00
Lady Jane70653.50
      04-16-2022, 07:27 PM   #1258
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Yard pests

I just had our yard treated for subterranean termites. So far, so good.

Just about the time we got the termites under control, we had an outbreak of barking spiders.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
Kilabyte3948.00
      04-16-2022, 07:38 PM   #1259
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Begun my routine Spring Weed & FEED treatment. Started with granular using my rotating spreader. Followed by some Mixologist skills with liquid treatment.

Finally, some new flowers going in...
i just finished scalping my lawn down as well as aeration. i just used Scott's for weed treatment but i'll do spot checking thoughout the season. i think i'll go with the same stuff you got. i need to find a battery back pack sprayer as i'm not gonna do the manual pump again
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 10:55 PM   #1260
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
i just finished scalping my lawn down as well as aeration. i just used Scott's for weed treatment but i'll do spot checking thoughout the season. i think i'll go with the same stuff you got. i need to find a battery back pack sprayer as i'm not gonna do the manual pump again
I was looking at some great options on Amazon.
But my yard size can't justify it. Yours on the other hand, A Must!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 11:06 PM   #1261
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

This is the first time I've planted Snapdragon. It pairs nicely my Dianthus.
Front garden off to a colorful Spring start!
Attached Images

04-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #1262
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35134.50
      04-20-2022, 08:01 AM   #1263
garyfried
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 435ix

Nice pictures recently. I have dethatched my lawn and after a recent light skiff of snow I fertilized with Scotts. Unfortunately spring is on hold as overnight we received 7.5 cm ( 3 in ) of wet snow. The good news is this about the first moisture we have received in April and the lawn needed a good soaking.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 09:40 AM   #1264
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

First of the gardenias starting to bloom a little early - usually bloom in May.
Attached Images

Dino GT35134.50
Lady Jane70653.50
      04-20-2022, 06:02 PM   #1265
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

The body language of your son when the brother empties the lawnmower bag is the best....Wtf??? More?
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2022, 06:22 PM   #1266
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Siteone has a nice pro one. Should have a location near you.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2022, 04:43 PM   #1267
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Ive already got a bunch of dandelions coming in. They were brutal last year.

Tank sprayer for your lawn tractor. I have a 25 gallon one for mine. For lessor needs and more precision, I use either a 4gal backpack (manual) or 2 gal pump sprayer.
      05-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #1268
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Picked up a reel mower this spring and starting the process of cutting reel low. going for 1/2 - 3/4" tall in the front, and will do 3/4" in the back with a small putting green cut around 1/4".

got a couple cuts in. will be dethatching tonight, then leveling with sand this weekend and overseeding with kentucky bluegrass.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 4
nyalpine907431.00
Lady Jane70653.50
Dino GT35134.50
Hawkeye2069.50
      05-11-2022, 07:21 PM   #1269
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Smile

Celosia & Vinca along our Driveway 🌞
Attached Images

Dino GT35134.50
      05-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #1270
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Does this count? 😁

Or the yellow tree?

Or the 100 years old pear tree? Sadly we have to chop it down soon. It gets destroyed by a fungus.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
RickFLM410968.00
Lady Jane70653.50
Dino GT35134.50
ShopVac4051.00
      05-30-2022, 01:06 PM   #1271
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Not a yard freak - actually hate yard work. But did add a line striper to the zero turn.

Next week is mulch and shrub shaping...which I also hate.
Attached Images

Dino GT35134.50
      05-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #1272
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Not a yard freak - actually hate yard work. But did add a line striper to the zero turn.

Hate is a strong word my friend. Adding beauty via landscaping is very rewarding.
So much so because you see the fruits of your labor on a regular basis every time you step outside. Not to mention the envy of friends and neighbors.
Appreciate 3
Lady Jane70653.50
Dino GT35134.50
ShopVac4051.00
      05-31-2022, 10:40 AM   #1273
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

We acquired 2 new Haas from a very reputable arborist.
Yesterday I dug a hole half-way to China, got to make sure the soil all around is proper for the planting.
Only half way because I hit this layer that even my 200lbs jumping on the shovel isn't making much of a dent. So I watered, and am hopeful the person who "borrowed" my pick axe brings it back for tonight's excavation session.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 04:05 PM   #1274
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post

im the same way. I hate yard work. trimming bushes, mulching, weeding, planting, etc. But I do enjoy lawn work for some reason.

speaking of, lawn finally starting to green up after working my way down from 3" cut to 5/8" cut this spring. was going to do some sand leveling/topdressing this weekend but weather wasnt cooperating so did another fertilizer round. Hoping another month or so and this thing will be all greened up and filled in. Then its on to the backyard and prepping a putting green.

Appreciate 2
ShopVac4051.00
Dino GT35134.50
      06-01-2022, 07:22 AM   #1275
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
here to vent but i wanted to hear your guy's opinions. my wifey thinks i really need to think about how to approach the situation without ruining any friendship i have with my neighbor. anyways not trying to be a D here but my next door neighbor whose been trying to get his lawn like mine i've been guiding him for the past 3 years on what needs to be done and his lawn finally looks great. However, the issue i'm having is i went through trial and error with my own lawn and i've invested on equipment to make the job easier since i'm on about .75 acre so having equipment for specific jobs really helps. so i spent and invested in a dethatcher, lawn aerator and a lawn sweeper. these equipment takes up alot of space in my garage but i'm fine with that as that's part of being a lawn care nut. now, my neighbor always wants to borrow my equipment and at first it was fine because i'm a good neighbor. i didn't mind for the first couple of years but this year it's like i say to myself, dude you and your wife make good money don't you think maybe you should invest in your own equipment since it's apparent you're into lawn care? i had to invest and i had to sacrifice my garage space since HOA won't allow us to have a shed in the backyard. He has yet ever mentioned about one day he will buy his own. i mean, i would feel embarrass year after year always borrowing my neighbors stuff but maybe there's people out there who don't think that?

so i'm not sure how to go about this without coming off as a D if you know what i mean? Fall is here and i already see the leaves all over the lawn and i know any day now he's gonna text me "hey, can i borrow your lawn sweeper?" just like with any equipment it takes wear and tear and i'd like my stuff to last. am i over reacting or does my neighbor have no shame when it comes to borrowing things? i appreciate any advice
Quote:
here to vent but i wanted to hear your guy's opinions. my wifey thinks i really need to think about how to approach the situation without ruining any friendship i have with my neighbor. anyways not trying to be a D here but my next door neighbor whose been trying to get his lawn like mine i've been guiding him for the past 3 years on what needs to be done and his lawn finally looks great. However, the issue i'm having is i went through trial and error with my own lawn and i've invested on equipment to make the job easier since i'm on about .75 acre so having equipment for specific jobs really helps. so i spent and invested in a dethatcher, lawn aerator and a lawn sweeper. these equipment takes up alot of space in my garage but i'm fine with that as that's part of being a lawn care nut. now, my neighbor always wants to borrow my equipment and at first it was fine because i'm a good neighbor. i didn't mind for the first couple of years but this year it's like i say to myself, dude you and your wife make good money don't you think maybe you should invest in your own equipment since it's apparent you're into lawn care? i had to invest and i had to sacrifice my garage space since HOA won't allow us to have a shed in the backyard. He has yet ever mentioned about one day he will buy his own. i mean, i would feel embarrass year after year always borrowing my neighbors stuff but maybe there's people out there who don't think that?

so i'm not sure how to go about this without coming off as a D if you know what i mean? Fall is here and i already see the leaves all over the lawn and i know any day now he's gonna text me "hey, can i borrow your lawn sweeper?" just like with any equipment it takes wear and tear and i'd like my stuff to last. am i over reacting or does my neighbor have no shame when it comes to borrowing things? i appreciate any advice
How many times during the yr does he ask to borrow the lawn sweeper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 09:17 AM   #1276
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

does he at least buy you booze?

i loan my tools out to my neighbors all the time and a lot of times, do the work for them. but I tell them to just buy me a bottle of something.

as for the wear and tear, tell him to clean it up for you and it should last a long time, especially if its just doing your lawn and his lawn. Rental places rent their equipment a dozen + times a week for years before it needs replacing or any significant maintenance.

Appreciate 0