2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Cracked Diff Bushings

09-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Cracked Diff Bushings

Hey guys so while in for an oil change earlier this year I was told my rear diff bushing needed replacement due to some light cracks that were starting to appear 50k miles at the time. I'm now at 65k and I'm getting the clunky noise over bumps and uneven pavement, definitely time to replace them before anything serious happens.

My question is should I replace all three bushings? I was only told the rear bushing had cracks but there are two others on the front side. My other question, and what I can't seem to figure out while searching online is, are all three bushings the exact same? I'm trying to figure out whether I order three of the same bushing or if they are different, if I plan to end up replacing all three.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0