2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums EUROPE - CONTINENTAL Tire pressure monitor F11 2014, Facelift

05-08-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
nutu_tim
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520 F11

Tire pressure monitor F11 2014, Facelift

Hi guys,
I will try to be short, but to expose my problem correctly, maybe someone can help.
I have recently bought a f11 2014 520 bmw, facelift model, with almost full extras! From the previous owner It camed with winter tires, standard dimensions, as from bmw specified.
I was checking all the new options and functions in iDrive, as i previously owned a E61, so yeah..pretty big difference! 😊
In iDrive meniu i have noticed that by the tire pressure monitor, the reset option was grayed out, so i couldn’t do any tire pressure reset. Also the image with car and tires has had all 4 wheels grayed out. But as long as no error popped out, in the idrive oder instrument cluster, i have ignored this detail, as i didn’t need it.
But the problems started today, as i have changed the wheels with new ones, summer tires. And after only few hundreds meters, an error occurred, indicating tire pressure loss, rear left wheel. I have checked the pressure, and it is of course normal, as both tire and wheel are completely new!
Normally in this case, i should reset the tire pressure within the iDrive menu! But..surprise..the option is inactive!! I have ignored it before, but now i need it!
How can this be? Has anyone any idea, what should be done to activate it?
The tire pressure loss is already annoying! It pops out continuously, and i can’t reset it!
I have read out a lot already in the internet, but there are simply too many and too completely opposite ideas, about what problem should be, or how can it be fixed!
As a start..someone told me that i don’t have the active tpm, with wheels sensors. But on the winter tires were definitely sensors, on every wheel. Than why where no readings in the iDrive picture, from wheels? This someone suggested that i have the old tpm system, with abs sensor!
Ok, when so, why is the reset option grayed out? Why isn’t it active?
I have read more, and it seems that there are a lot of coding that you can do. And that for this model is not rare that the RDC module dies, from moisture and so! Is it that possible that the previous owner has coded out? So no more errors occur?
If so, why did popped out to me, now?
Does anyone know where exactly is the RDC module located? So i can check physical, and see if i have the wheel sensor version, or the old ABS version of tire monitor?
Thank you guys for your answers, and hopefully i will get it fixed!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:41 AM   #2
SirRahikkala
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 518d

I believe that in F10 the sensors are not in the "wheels" but in the valves. Quite often people swap tires without knowing that the valves need to be specific ones to work with idrive. AND there are couple different ones. Check if this helps: https://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/11089...ssure-sensors/
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #3
manija
Enlisted Member
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: ex E61, ex E91, F11 525d LCI

have you solved it?
everything depends on correct sensors.
you wrote, your display in "gray" color (inactive) - it's first indication for incorrect (or non-working) wheel sensors.
Appreciate 0