2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Night Vision retrofit

04-26-2022, 10:28 AM   #23
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
I just found this, probably answers most if not all of your questions :

https://www.yandex.com.tr/turbo/driv...5725623532028/

You'll have to translate to English
Thanks for the link! I found some interesting information about the harness, it says the harness is #9 here with many options from a fully load 2016 bmw 535i xdrive:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_2738

I think it is Part #61129291099 or 61129291103 but im not 100% sure because real oem versus this website that says 61129291103: https://www.lllparts.co.uk/en/produc...pn/61129291122

------

My 2016 bmw f10 has the m sports package, drivers assistance plus, and active cruise control w/ acc stop and go, so does that mean i would not have to build a custom harness and this can be a direct install with this harness instead?

Which part number do you think it is?
This is why I recommend building a smaller less complicated harness where you just take the camera cable out of the firewall and two for can3 that split to go to both dynamic spot lights. Since you already have fog lights I think you can use the same power wires going to them to complete the dynamic light connections
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 04:27 PM   #24
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
This is why I recommend building a smaller less complicated harness where you just take the camera cable out of the firewall and two for can3 that split to go to both dynamic spot lights. Since you already have fog lights I think you can use the same power wires going to them to complete the dynamic light connections
I ended up buying this overpriced kit on ebay, what do you think is missing from it and what else would i need? I know its hard to tell

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39401540796...mis&media=COPY

Apparently the seller can code the night vision 3 kit to my vin so that will bypass the need for an emulator

Thank you again for responding and providing all this helpful information!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #25
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

DO confirm if they are from M package or NON M package car as the spot lights are different : https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_1451

Looks like all the major components are there, the wiring will still be needed, you already bought the X5 wires which you could put to use to connect the ECU. There seem to be some cut wires on the main harness and I can't really say what's missing. You'll have to get it and lay it out on the floor and see what's there and what's not, compare it to the wiring diagrams and go from there.

BTW, I don't quite know what they do but I think its a HW modification on the ECU since the ECU and Camera are supposed to be paired and paired to the VIN for ITAR regulations. BUT, I know that Nivi3 may have some more leeway than Nivi2. Wish someone could find out as I would love to remove the filter from my setup (it keeps giving me Nivi Error on start ups half the time, but the error goes away on its own very quickly)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 10:43 PM   #26
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
DO confirm if they are from M package or NON M package car as the spot lights are different : https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_1451

Looks like all the major components are there, the wiring will still be needed, you already bought the X5 wires which you could put to use to connect the ECU. There seem to be some cut wires on the main harness and I can't really say what's missing. You'll have to get it and lay it out on the floor and see what's there and what's not, compare it to the wiring diagrams and go from there.

BTW, I don't quite know what they do but I think its a HW modification on the ECU since the ECU and Camera are supposed to be paired and paired to the VIN for ITAR regulations. BUT, I know that Nivi3 may have some more leeway than Nivi2. Wish someone could find out as I would love to remove the filter from my setup (it keeps giving me Nivi Error on start ups half the time, but the error goes away on its own very quickly)

I would also need to buy the new front end harness correct? Because i need the harness to support dynamic spot light light and night vision, correct? Or is what i bought enough?

Part #61129291099

This is the russian guy who does the NIVI3 coding to your vin: https://online-auto.com/shop/#!/Nigh...tegory=3934700

This is the link to buy a new unit coded to your vin and apparently any night vision camera works then. He also sells a service to take your ecu and code it to your vin but he is located in russia so thats not an option for us in the US, at least currently.

The listing says:

Night Vision 3 block with a full-of FSC codes set.

In the ensemble of 2 FSC 05 and 04 codes under your car wines and under any serial camera number.

You can also message this eBay seller who seems to sell nivi 3 ecu and camera coded to your vin, so maybe he can provide more information. I bought the used set from him but he isnt good with responding to messages.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39301130243...mis&media=COPY

Last edited by SocomCA; 04-26-2022 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:38 PM   #27
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Also do you the part numbers that go into #2 & #3 of the diagram attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 12:05 AM   #28
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocomCA View Post
Also do you the part numbers that go into #2 & #3 of the diagram attached
Those are the connectors I posted the link for earlier. the mouser link.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 12:13 AM   #29
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Those are the connectors I posted the link for earlier. the mouser link.
Oh okay, makes sense. Do you also know what cables go into it and if there is a way to buy those?

Also for the dynamic spot light, do i have to have the entire front end cables replaced?

Part number # 61129291099 or #9 in the diagram
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 04:36 PM   #30
Socom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535Xi

Quote:
Oh okay, makes sense. Do you also know what cables go into it and if there is a way to buy those?

Also for the dynamic spot light, do i have to have the entire front end cables replaced?

Part number # 61129291099 or #9 in the diagram

To answer my own question, i went to the BMW dealership and checked with parts section and my vin and apparently my car already had part number 61129291099 so i should be good for the dynamic spot light connections
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #31
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
To answer my own question, i went to the BMW dealership and checked with parts section and my vin and apparently my car already had part number 61129291099 so i should be good for the dynamic spot light connections
Send me your VIN
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 08:17 PM   #32
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Send me your VIN
PM me

I think its because i have acc stop and go + all the drivers assistance options, i have the harness for everything it seems since that harness is for all the features of the f10
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 12:03 PM   #33
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Send me your VIN
PM me

I think its because i have acc stop and go + all the drivers assistance options, i have the harness for everything it seems since that harness is for all the features of the f10
Different connectors between Fog light and dynamic spot lights. You need new wiring with 6pin connectors or new harness.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 05:10 PM   #34
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Different connectors between Fog light and dynamic spot lights. You need new wiring with 6pin connectors or new harness.
Do you know which harness it would be? My car apparently has part number: 61129291099 and the harness for dynamic spot light is also 61129291099

I just got the donor vin: WBA5K51050D083412
My vin is: WBAKP9C52GG587736

I just realized the donor car doesnt have the m sport package and my car does. I know you said the spot lights are different but shouldnt it work?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:57 PM   #35
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

So I double checked, the lights should be the same between Non-M and M bumpers.

Only thing is I am not sure if you have the wiring already in place. Attached is the capture from newtis and you can see how the fogs are connected differently (green arrows) compares to GZA (Dynamic Spot Lights - red arrows)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 12:26 AM   #36
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So I double checked, the lights should be the same between Non-M and M bumpers.

Only thing is I am not sure if you have the wiring already in place. Attached is the capture from newtis and you can see how the fogs are connected differently (green arrows) compares to GZA (Dynamic Spot Lights - red arrows)
I agree with you that the connections shouldnt be the same but even other websites list it as a universal harness for cars without night vision, with night vision, and with night vision and dynamic spot light.

See here: https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/cable...129291099.html
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 11:58 PM   #37
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you that the connections shouldnt be the same but even other websites list it as a universal harness for cars without night vision, with night vision, and with night vision and dynamic spot light.

See here: https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/cable...129291099.html
Back in the good ol days of E46s and E60s, some wiring was universal and pre placed but wrapped up. With the Fxx, I have not been able to find any hidden/packed up connectors. With the jump in number of ECUs in cars, there has been a similar bump in all the wiring harnesses that have to make the connections. Long story short, now we don't get the extra wires laying around inside the car to just plug and play. My suggestion remains to build your own harness instead of trying to replace the factory one. I will be a bit of a pain to remove the stock harness anyways, and will cost a bunch for labor along with cost of original harnesses. But, to each their own.

(I honestly can't tell you the exact part numbers as I have not done this myself. But there are folks in Eastern Europe or Russia who have and may have more detailed DIYs)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #38
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Back in the good ol days of E46s and E60s, some wiring was universal and pre placed but wrapped up. With the Fxx, I have not been able to find any hidden/packed up connectors. With the jump in number of ECUs in cars, there has been a similar bump in all the wiring harnesses that have to make the connections. Long story short, now we don't get the extra wires laying around inside the car to just plug and play. My suggestion remains to build your own harness instead of trying to replace the factory one. I will be a bit of a pain to remove the stock harness anyways, and will cost a bunch for labor along with cost of original harnesses. But, to each their own.

(I honestly can't tell you the exact part numbers as I have not done this myself. But there are folks in Eastern Europe or Russia who have and may have more detailed DIYs)
Yeah that makes sense, ill see if i can find some more information on that

Also i asked the ebay seller to code the night vision 3 kit to my vin and he emailed me over 3 FSC codes and said:

"I installed the patch! Sent the codes to your email! when you install the equipment, write down the fsc codes in the camera and unit" and he sent over 3 files with codes

I thought if you write anything to the night vision modules, it will prevent the cameras from working?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 07:51 PM   #39
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense, ill see if i can find some more information on that

Also i asked the ebay seller to code the night vision 3 kit to my vin and he emailed me over 3 FSC codes and said:

"I installed the patch! Sent the codes to your email! when you install the equipment, write down the fsc codes in the camera and unit" and he sent over 3 files with codes

I thought if you write anything to the night vision modules, it will prevent the cameras from working?

I would highly recommend that they do the coding portion too, so you are able to have a recourse if they mess up. Also, I've never heard of writing FSC to the camera. In fact, you don't even see the camera in e-sys/ISTA. You only see and are able to talk to the ECU. So you only write to the ECU. This sounds a bit fishy to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 08:37 PM   #40
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I would highly recommend that they do the coding portion too, so you are able to have a recourse if they mess up. Also, I've never heard of writing FSC to the camera. In fact, you don't even see the camera in e-sys/ISTA. You only see and are able to talk to the ECU. So you only write to the ECU. This sounds a bit fishy to me.
Yeah i was thinking the same because you can only write to the ECU, but i guess i can always use the emulator worst case scenario
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #41
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
This video shows all the connections but unfortunately i dont have the part numbers for the wires from the night vision ecu to nbt: https://youtu.be/KlJcFMBnLj8

Last edited by SocomCA; 05-03-2022 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 11:33 AM   #42
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This video shows all the connections but unfortunately i dont have the part numbers for the wires from the night vision ecu to nbt: https://youtu.be/KlJcFMBnLj8
You can use any rca video cable of suitable length, cut off both ends and crimp on mqs contact pins that you can then plug into both ends and insert into appropriate connectors
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 11:39 PM   #43
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You can use any rca video cable of suitable length, cut off both ends and crimp on mqs contact pins that you can then plug into both ends and insert into appropriate connectors

Hey, hows it going. Thanks again for all your helpful information! I was wondering if you had a chance to try to retrofit the dynamic spotlights to your f10
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 11:19 PM   #44
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

No, I can't unless I change the full front bumper to LCI version, which means I'll need an LCI Alpina front lip which all is a lotta money to spend just for the spot lights..

How's your retrofit coming along?
Appreciate 0