2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge 2022 - 2023 NHL: Who wins the cup?
View Poll Results: Who will be the 2023 Stanley Cup Champion?
Boston Bruins 5 22.73%
Buffalo Sabres 0 0%
Detroit Red Wings 0 0%
Florida Panthers 0 0%
Montreal Canadiens 0 0%
Ottawa Senators 0 0%
Tampa Bay Lightning 0 0%
Toronto Maple Leafs 2 9.09%
Carolina Hurricanes 1 4.55%
Columbus Blue Jackets 0 0%
New Jersey Devils 1 4.55%
New York Islanders 0 0%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 4.55%
Pittsburgh Penguins 2 9.09%
Washington Capitals 0 0%
Arizona Coyotes 0 0%
Chicago Blackhawks 0 0%
Colorado Avalanche 3 13.64%
Dallas Stars 2 9.09%
Minnesota Wild 1 4.55%
Nashville Predators 0 0%
St. Louis Blues 0 0%
Winnipeg Jets 0 0%
Anaheim Ducks 0 0%
Calgary Flames 0 0%
Edmonton Oilers 1 4.55%
Los Angeles Kings 2 9.09%
San Jose Sharks 1 4.55%
Seattle Kraken 0 0%
Vancouver Canucks 0 0%
Vegas Golden Knights 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

05-08-2023, 12:29 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Tavares is not a leader. Never did shit with the Islanders, does nothing now. With that (and hard to say this) - Marner and Matthews don't have another 'level' like other players. If the play comes easy for them, great...but don't expect them to work for it.

That said, I thought ROR would inject something into these folks...his play, and play of a few others, can't overcome.
Ya, Johnny T is a nice guy and all but not a leader, at least not for a hockey team. Need someone way more gritty and vocal and passionate. Dubas was a fool because he wanted to start his GM tenure w a 'sexy' major signing and went for him instead of a stud dman. Ofc, that contract set the tone for the other 'core' players and killed the cap space. Matthews is trying but obviously still not to his potential. I dunno about players like Marner and Nylander. ROR is unfortunately just one man, no matter his creds.

No heart, esp in OT, it was incredible how lousy they played in a sudden-death period being down 0-2 in games. They don't deserve it at all. The scores are not indicative of how badly they played vs the Cats. I hope they get blown out in G4 and heads start rolling in the Leafs org.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 12:58 PM   #68
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Dubas was a fool because he wanted to start his GM tenure w a 'sexy' major signing and went for him instead of a stud dman.
No idea why - but folks in Pittsburgh think Dubas will be GM here next year.
      05-08-2023, 01:10 PM   #69
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
No idea why - but folks in Pittsburgh think Dubas will be GM here next year.
You can have him!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 07:20 AM   #70
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Well, no worries to the east. And Chicago will kill his career in the west before he gets going.

Now, if he comes in and demands to wear #19, he'll earn my respect.
      05-10-2023, 05:44 PM   #71
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I almost thought Seattle was going to come back and win last night!
      05-15-2023, 02:26 PM   #72
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
And with McJesus done
1993 🇨🇦
      05-15-2023, 02:31 PM   #73
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Gary Bettman needs to go...what are the chances no Cdn team won since 93? Insane.
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool542.50
      05-18-2023, 09:26 AM   #74
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Any bets on which city gets Arizona's team? With the Tempe folks failing to vote in any agreement...looks like they may have no options but to move.

Rumor cities are:
Salt Lake City
Kansas City
Houston
Atlanta (third times the charm - really?)

Quebec has not been listed? Would state...they would want to keep the team in the same conference and not do any re-alignment.
      05-18-2023, 12:01 PM   #75
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

This playoffs has been a surprise. Looking through FL's capfriendly, they are a young-er team (only two players over 30), with the "core" signed long-term and close to 25-27 years old. They should be a force for a good, long while now. I'm hoping their success this year actually translates to fans in the stands on a regular basis. That would be good for the league (Miami is a huge area) and the rest of the teams - through a cap increase.

Dallas is a team I always forgets exists. So, I don't really care what they do (win/lose).
Vegas is still only a few years old. Lots of playoff success for them already.
Carolina - don't really care for them. They are the only ones I would not want to win. Therefore, if you bet on these types of things, you should probably put money on Carolina winning the Cup, because that's the type of thing that happens in my life. LOLLLL
      05-18-2023, 08:00 PM   #76
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Gudas and Bennett make the Cats trashy, so anyone but them for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 12:08 AM   #77
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Dang, two full games plus in game 1!
cotmfk2023.50
      05-19-2023, 01:16 AM   #78
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Fla is so disgustingly tenacious. Quite sickening, and Bob too, argh.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 01:25 PM   #79
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Went to bed after the first OT. No skin in it...so I'm good with morning highlights.

Man though, looks like Florida came out in the Tkachuk trade...no? Grit and hands. Love to see it.
      05-26-2023, 01:46 PM   #80
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

So Vegas and FL for the Finals. I could see the thought that some people picked Vegas to be in the Finals... even to win the Cup. I sure didn't, though (my bracket is an utter failure at this point).

I don't think anyone outside the most biased homers would have picked the Panthers to be in the Finals. I think almost all people had Boston moving on to round 2, at the least. Quite a playoffs.

I lost some respect for Brindamour. I am NOT a Carolina fan, but I felt like he was a great motivator and a pretty good coach. Felt like he could adjust schemes to counter whatever the other team was doing, get his team to run through a brick wall, etc. But, man... watching some Carolina games this playoffs - the guy is a cry baby and whiner! ANY call not in his team's favor and he was whining/complaining/etc. Got really tiring by the end of their playoffs. Now, the 0-12 streak in the Conference finals is quite something.

Anyways - of Vegas and FL - I guess I'm picking FL, but you never know. Both teams are playing well on their way to the Cup Finals. Should be a good series!
      05-26-2023, 07:02 PM   #81
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Out of the 2 unless Dallas pulls off a miracle, I want Vegas but looks like those Cats are unstoppable, they could play just 1 fwd w Bob in net and still win it seems.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 12:32 PM   #82
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Well, I don't see any votes for either team in the big dance!
      06-02-2023, 07:12 AM   #83
FifeFlyer
Rep
Drives: BMW 730D MY2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Well, I don't see any votes for either team in the big dance!
Shows ya what WE all know about hockey

Vegas were always a squeaks chance in the west and should we be totally surprised about Fla? They did win the NHL last season, tho` get it they were wild card this one.

I also said the boogey man that haunts the Presidents Cup winners would take care of Boston. That has proved to be a huge monkey on the back over the years.

Unfortunately I`ll only see early start games in the final. 8pm ET is too much for teams I have no real interest in.

May the best team win.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 03:18 PM   #84
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

12-2 on aggregate? It is fun watching Fla try to pick on Marchessault, and him STILL score.
      06-12-2023, 03:13 PM   #85
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Tuesday night we finish, or will Vegas need another game?

I kinda watched the game Saturday night during a poker party, because the videos on the TV didn't match the music, and I got really confused and couldn't see my cards very well.
      06-14-2023, 11:51 AM   #86
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

That was a serious ass-whoopin

I kept yelling "Quick, Quick, Quick"!!! I had the pre-game on muted, and saw Felix the Cat in the net, and thought they were going to have him finish out the series at home.

Then at the second intermission, I figure Gretzsky and Lundqvist are going to suit up in red and hit the ice
      06-18-2023, 08:28 AM   #87
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That was a serious ass-whoopin
Florida had no response to VGK's play. When Tkachuk got injured, they were done. Ekblad playing with a broken foot...just tells me how hockey players are built a little different.
      06-18-2023, 06:49 PM   #88
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Florida had no response to VGK's play. When Tkachuk got injured, they were done. Ekblad playing with a broken foot...just tells me how hockey players are built a little different.
Gladiators. Did you read about how Tkachuk's teammates dressed him and tied his skates for him so he could play through a cracked sternum in game 4?
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2023.50