2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 2013 528i extended warrenty.

04-10-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
Conzo427
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i xdrive

2013 528i extended warrenty.

I didn't get the extended warrenty when I purchased the vehicle because am a decent DIY mechanic, but replacing the timing chain on this car looks like it's a beast. I'm kicking myself because after a month of ownership I already paid out $4600 for a u joint that broke and caused damage to the engine mount and drive axle. It sounds like this would have been covered! Now I have 118k miles on it and I am hearing a whining noise from the engine. I'm worried it is the oil pump sprocket going, meaning it's time to replace the timing chain.

With this all said I am shopping for an extended warrenty. I've never purchased one before but with the seemingly inevitable timing chain issue Im wondering if it might be worth it.

Does anyone have experience with a good warrenty campany? Would you recommend buying a warrenty at all?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 02:28 PM   #2
ICBMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i M Sport

Route66 seems to have the best reputation for aftermarket warranties vs. all of the others. They are usually cheaper, have better coverage and there is no waiting period or mileage quota to meet prior to utilizing it. The only caveat is that it's only available through select credit unions. You can reach out to them and ask them for the closest CU to you that offers their service. best of luck.
      05-18-2023, 09:46 PM   #3
Conzo427
Rep

My waiting period for Endurance ended a few days ago so I'm locked into that now. Hopefully it works out for the timing chain repair. I have an appointment for next week.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 06:10 AM   #4
Hellboy550i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzo427 View Post
My waiting period for Endurance ended a few days ago so I'm locked into that now. Hopefully it works out for the timing chain repair. I have an appointment for next week.
Did endurance picked up ur case and coverage ? Let me know wt happened cause am also planning to switch to endurance from carchex
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 03:57 PM   #5
Conzo427
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy550i View Post
Did endurance picked up ur case and coverage ? Let me know wt happened cause am also planning to switch to endurance from carchex
I will find out today or tomorrow. I am hoping that they cover the timing chain, front drive axle, flex plate on drive shaft, and a leaking rar dif. According to the terms it SHOULD cover it all, but we shall see.

I will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 08:37 PM   #6
Hellboy550i
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=Conzo427;30200830]I will find out today or tomorrow. I am hoping that they cover the timing chain, front drive axle, flex plate on drive shaft, and a leaking rar dif. According to the terms it SHOULD cover it all, but we shall see.

I will keep you posted.

They won’t usually cover immediately after u become eligible . That’s what happens in carchex for me . After I crossed 1000 miles and 1 month period dealer recommended the flex disk and carchex told it’s too early that could not happen immediately after warranty eligible . So they have their reasons .
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #7
Conzo427
Rep

I brought my car in and endurance is giving me problems. They are asking for receipts for my last 2 oil changes. I was concerned about this so I asked the sales person before I paid anything. He told me that this only applies after the start date so I commited to keeping receipts moving forward. This is not the case, they are asking for the last two oil changes anyway. I was able to go back to the store and get a print it out of the receipt for the oil I had purchased as I do oil changes myself. I contacted the dealership and had them print the oil change they did before I purchased the car a year ago. I sent it all in and they denied it because I didn't send in a maintenance log. A WHAT?? OK I'll fill out a maintenance log. They sent me a log to fill out so I printed it and filled it out. DENIED! The maintenance log can't be hand written! WTF!? WHO CARES!! So I typed the info into the maintenance log. I'm waiting to hear back now. I can't imagine anything else they could come up with. Either way, they are clearly trying to create roadblocks to try to make this as inconvenient of a process as possible. I'm not impressed.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 12:18 PM   #8
Hellboy550i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzo427 View Post
I brought my car in and endurance is giving me problems. They are asking for receipts for my last 2 oil changes. I was concerned about this so I asked the sales person before I paid anything. He told me that this only applies after the start date so I commited to keeping receipts moving forward. This is not the case, they are asking for the last two oil changes anyway. I was able to go back to the store and get a print it out of the receipt for the oil I had purchased as I do oil changes myself. I contacted the dealership and had them print the oil change they did before I purchased the car a year ago. I sent it all in and they denied it because I didn't send in a maintenance log. A WHAT?? OK I'll fill out a maintenance log. They sent me a log to fill out so I printed it and filled it out. DENIED! The maintenance log can't be hand written! WTF!? WHO CARES!! So I typed the info into the maintenance log. I'm waiting to hear back now. I can't imagine anything else they could come up with. Either way, they are clearly trying to create roadblocks to try to make this as inconvenient of a process as possible. I'm not impressed.

I told u. This extended warranty is based on the probability and gamble. Same like our health insurance.Also they know whether the issue in ur car is usual or unusual .and they dig more data on it if it’s too much costly . These extended warranty are again designed based on a new car buying roadmap . If u buy a new car and u continues with extended warranty then it makes sense to have it . But from selling perspective and one gave get this policy .
Appreciate 0