2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 N55 Walbro 450 LPFP Upgrade war story

05-15-2023, 02:51 PM   #1
843dylan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

F10 N55 Walbro 450 LPFP Upgrade war story

I just wanted to put this information out there from an experience I recently went through. I wanted to upgrade the in-tank fuel pump as part of my build and went ahead with the Walbro 450. Just a heads up it's worth the money to get the hardwire kit because you will have to splice wiring inside the gas tank so having that wiring kit where it connects as clips is just a piece of mind. The biggest takeaway from this is that the pump if bought with the hardware kit, comes with a rubber hose to connect the pump to the bucket for fuel. I imagined that all parts sent with the pump were designed with the thought of it sitting submerged in the tank E85 or not as well as for high-pressure applications however, this was not the case. Not only did this blow out while driving once but TWICE after replacing it with a 200psi fuel-rated hose. Long story short the OEM plastic-like hose is the only way to go. The company BoostMonkey sells them on their website for a few dollars and they are rated specifically for the n55, walbro 450, high pressure, and E85 all as needed in the first place and the OEM length. Also for anyone saying about Fuel, It pumps are the way to go well the difference in methods is hundreds of dollars. The Walbro 450 is plug-and-play into the OEM bucket for like $160 more or less and all you have to do is the wiring which is connecting 2 wires. Anyways hope this helps someone out there lmao
Attached Images

Appreciate 0