2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding High Beam Assist WITH 5AP

09-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

High Beam Assist WITH 5AP

My 2015 F10 unfortunately only has the standard xenon headlights, so based on my research it is not possible to get the clearly defined blackout box that LED's can get. Before finding that out though, I added 5AC without adding 5AP and VO coded the entire care minus DME. I know for North America, 5AP makes it so that high beams are either on or off, and doesn't form the box. But could others who have experience with this clarify something for me?

Does the car turn off BOTH high beams at once if it detects a car, or just whichever side is relevant? If they do turn off individually, do they track cars at all so that they turn off at the last moment?

Currently how my high beams work is, as I approach someone on the left (they are to my right), my passenger side high beam begins to track outwards, trying to keep the beam slightly behind them to avoid shining it directly at their car. Once it can't go outwards anymore, it turns off, and I can see the light pattern for the low beams come back to center. Same thing for the drivers side. This is nice because it keeps high beams on for as long as possible, but I'm not sure if this is what 5AP would do as well. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

I have tested this myself. With 5AP, it's just a hard on and hard off, for both headlights. They do not turn off and off independently.
Appreciate 0