2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bmw f10 screen swap

04-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
Bransas
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 2.0D

Bmw f10 screen swap

Hello
It's probably was asked before. But I can't find anything like this.
I have BMW f10 lci 2013 11.
It's currently with 6.5 inch screen . It have all bits I need . Dab nav usb etc.
I'm looking just swap screen to 10.2.
I have checked and cable is for nbt 6 pins.
Would anyone tried doing this? Swap screen only? Will it work? And would it be showing full screen? Probably need coded after
Or I need to swap all unit as well? As is to much hassle and cost.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

The ones I have heard of trying this said there is a problem with the output resolution.
The rest of IDrive is hard coded for the matching screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
Bransas
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 2.0D

I seen f30 is direct swap to 8.8inch and then coded in esys for resolution . I'm looking someone who tried it on f10 lci with 6 pins
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
nwob
Private
Rep
Drives: 13' 535i

https://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-102...on-system.html
Take a look at this, Thinking of getting it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
Dickjoseph
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Hi MrZak,

Did you go with aviunsa in the end? Also what are you doing about getting it fitted? Spoke to someone on the website and they think its 45 minutes plug and play. Not sure it's that simple as need to swap out screens and install DVD player and connect to iDrive. I'm interested in this option too though
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #6
Pito11213
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 alpine white 528 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickjoseph View Post
Hi MrZak,

Did you go with aviunsa in the end? Also what are you doing about getting it fitted? Spoke to someone on the website and they think its 45 minutes plug and play. Not sure it's that simple as need to swap out screens and install DVD player and connect to iDrive. I'm interested in this option too though
Any updates?

I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 02:22 AM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZak View Post
https://avinusa.com/bmw-5-series-102...on-system.html
Take a look at this, Thinking of getting it.
oh wow! you know I looked into this a few years back but with the research I found I thought there was more needed to do this? is this a straight pnp or will coding be needed? I always thought there were modules we had to buy to make this work?

here's what I mean when I thought more components were needed unless this is completely different
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809788
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 06:08 AM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

emailed avinusa with some info and just wanted to post the response for those also interested:

Me:
interested in doing this in my base 2011 BMW 535i and I always thought there was much more needed to accomplish this? Is this just for us guys who want a larger screen? When I first looked into this a few years back it seemed like there were other modules we had to buy in order for this to work along with some coding? Thus why I never did this. With your kit for $439 this kit is straight PNP with no coding and no additional modules or components needed for just a larger screen? I do see the listed options. I don’t have GPS so I’m assuming if I want GPS a separate component needs to be installed for this to work correct? Appreciate any info as I’m really interested in this. Thanks!

Support (AVINUSA.com)
Jul 4, 3:27 AM PDT
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our AVIN units.

All factory features and function will continue to work normally as it does now. This includes all steering wheel button controls, factory TPMS, the backup camera, iDrive controls, SiriusXM, and iDrive menu settings and options.

Correct it is now all plug n play without the need for any external module boxes.

Me: So no coding needed? thanks

Support (AVINUSA.com)
Jul 4, 3:50 AM PDT
Correct. No coding needed
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #9
Pito11213
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 alpine white 528 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
emailed avinusa with some info and just wanted to post the response for those also interested:

Me:
interested in doing this in my base 2011 BMW 535i and I always thought there was much more needed to accomplish this? Is this just for us guys who want a larger screen? When I first looked into this a few years back it seemed like there were other modules we had to buy in order for this to work along with some coding? Thus why I never did this. With your kit for $439 this kit is straight PNP with no coding and no additional modules or components needed for just a larger screen? I do see the listed options. I don’t have GPS so I’m assuming if I want GPS a separate component needs to be installed for this to work correct? Appreciate any info as I’m really interested in this. Thanks!

[COLOR="Red"]Support (AVINUSA.com)
Jul 4, 3:27 AM PDT
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our AVIN units.

All factory features and function will continue to work normally as it does now. This includes all steering wheel button controls, factory TPMS, the backup camera, iDrive controls, SiriusXM, and iDrive menu settings and options.

Correct it is now all plug n play without the need for any external module boxes.
[/COLOR]

Me: So no coding needed? thanks

[COLOR="Red"]
Support (AVINUSA.com)
Jul 4, 3:50 AM PDT
Correct. No coding needed[/COLOR]
I think this is worth looking at.

Only draw back to me is, I prefer Bluetooth sound over aux.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito11213 View Post
I think this is worth looking at.

Only draw back to me is, I prefer Bluetooth sound over aux.
Same here. Audio clarity is like night and day
Appreciate 0