2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Rough idle, misfires & shutdown

11-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
f10gobroombroom
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f10

Rough idle, misfires & shutdown

Hello all,

Guess I'm officially a part of the BMW gang considering how broken mine is . I've had a low fuel pressure code for a while so I swapped the hpfp. Worked for a day then it said the fuel rail sensor was stuck, so I replaced the fuel sensor. Worked for a few days, now the car is even worse, it can't go 30 seconds idling without shutting off. The drive is also very rough with a flashing drivetrain malfunction. I've received an error code related to cylinder 5. Considering the low fuel pressure and the error, i'm assuming the spark plug and possibly injector needs to be replaced. Can someone please help me with this? I'm tired of randomly swapping expensive parts and hoping it works. (note: the first error is my disconnected MAF)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Fantasy3043
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 528xi

Driving rough and drivetrain malfunction light, honestly I would assume spark plugs and / or coil packs. After i changed mine the idle was buttery smooth. Tbh fuel injectors would be the last thing i would replace considering how expensive just for one.
Appreciate 0