2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Idle Surge and AFR issues

11-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
M_Mouro
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

Idle Surge and AFR issues

2011 535i xDrive N55 - 98,XXX miles
MHD Stage 2+ flash / Upgraded intercooler with Charge pipe / Downpipe/ BMS Intake / Precision Raceworks External Coilpacks / NGK Iridium Colder plugs

Valve cover replaced. Valvetronic Gasket. New spark plugs gapped .22.
Prior to gasket replacement I was getting idle surge 40-90RPM at idle and noise from PCV puck on top of Valve cover.

Pulled codes ands got a code for the upstream O2 Sensor and shadow codes for Fuel Pump Low Pressure. Fuel Pump code comes and goes. Wasn't there last 3 times I checked for codes.

Thinking it may be a leaking injector I replaced them all with the EU5 from FCP Euro. (Dealer said EU5 but BMWTIS said replace with EU6. Kept an old injector to find out at dealer which one the old ones were) Updated the injector values using ALLTEL.

Started the car and I still have the idle surge except now I'm no longer running 14.7 stoic either. At idle it is idle surging and AFR will "surge" as well up to 15.2-15.7. Battery voltage is also going down slightly in sync with the idle according to my P2 gauge. Could I have been sold a bad injector? The install went smooth and torqued each injector to 2.5nm except cylinder 6. torque wrench went a bit past to 3.2

Also getting a code for the Tank Vent Valve: Short circuit to earth. Will be replacing the Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid in between the Charge Pipe and Fuel Pump.

and the kicker here is my MHD app has never been able ro connect reliably to the car to be able to log. Stays stuck on ready

Help lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #2
mashpotato
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 F10 N55

Have you clear out all the codes. And those ones still remains?

I think you should get mhd monitor running at least. What is your fuel pressure like. Timing corrections like?

You coded the injectors. Have you reset adaptions after?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
M_Mouro
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

I have never been able to get my MHD logging to work. It just stays stuck on ready. I was able to do some monitoring with Carly and boost and fuel pressure look good. I reset adaptations with MHD however I’m currently looking into purchasing and icom ista+ set up bc I don’t think MHD resets the injector Adaptations. I ran a boost leak test and found a leak at the charge pipe. Cleaned up the idle a night but I’m still hopping around on the AFR. 14.3 - 14.9 compared to the steady 14.7 is used to hold at. Fuel pressure faults never came back.
Appreciate 0