2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 Misfire Help

04-26-2023, 10:23 PM   #1
pr0t0
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Exclamation F10 Misfire Help

Hey, i recently bought myself a used 2011 535i. Im dealing with cylinder 6 misfire. i took it to the dealer where i got it from and they tried to help my by changing spark plugs,coils and a few other things. cant remember exactly what they said but i could find out. they also had the engine rebuild. they tired to help me out since my brother works there. Unfortunately im still having the issue, i was told the previous owner put a tune on the car. i have a feeling its a bad tune but i have no idea where to even start. i got my hands on ista+ and read the codes on it. If anyone has any idea on what i could do or how to remove the tune id really appreciate it. I Have also included the other bmw software that i have. Sorry im new at all of this idk if it was already posted but i cant find it
Attached Images

Last edited by pr0t0; 04-26-2023 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: added something
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #2
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0t0 View Post
Hey, i recently bought myself a used 2011 535i. Im dealing with cylinder 6 misfire. i took it to the dealer where i got it from and they tried to help my by changing spark plugs,coils and a few other things. cant remember exactly what they said but i could find out. they also had the engine rebuild. they tired to help me out since my brother works there. Unfortunately im still having the issue, i was told the previous owner put a tune on the car. i have a feeling its a bad tune but i have no idea where to even start. i got my hands on ista+ and read the codes on it. If anyone has any idea on what i could do or how to remove the tune id really appreciate it. I Have also included the other bmw software that i have. Sorry im new at all of this idk if it was already posted but i cant find it
Was it a certified euro mochanix? But i bet if it is the tune and you ran factory spec plugs GAPS and should be a step colder with a different gap.
Appreciate 1
pr0t00.00
      04-29-2023, 05:27 PM   #3
pr0t0
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
Was it a certified euro mochanix? But i bet if it is the tune and you ran factory spec plugs GAPS and should be a step colder with a different gap.
To be honest I doubt it. The plugs are at .22 the car has been at the dealer for a while and I honestly don’t believe that they are doing anything. I think I’ll going to take it to bmw to get a stock tune on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 09:27 PM   #4
Double Nickel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Garage List
2015 BMW F10  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0t0 View Post
To be honest I doubt it. The plugs are at .22 the car has been at the dealer for a while and I honestly don’t believe that they are doing anything. I think I’ll going to take it to bmw to get a stock tune on it.
Sux 4sho, hope they get you sorted out fast, DME play aint no fun at all to me.
Appreciate 0