2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Please Help Explain Carly Codes - 2011 550i GT

03-30-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
G4Designs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT Dinan

Question Please Help Explain Carly Codes - 2011 550i GT

Let me start off by saying -- I'm insanely frustrated right now, so any help would be incredible. My car was running perfectly up until the engine decided to disintegrate. My indie mechanic helped me take the engine apart, see if it was salvageable (it wasn't), so over the past six months I got a used/tested N63 and we rebuilt it and replaced everything the N63 is known for breaking.

Finally I got it back. Ran like sh*t. Any medium-acceleration at low speeds lead to a complete loss of power. He explained it was the the throttle body sync and transmission adaptation which would improve over 150 miles. Over the next 350 miles, it did improve, but it's still not incredible. Its smooth and has a lot of power over 55mph, but from a stop (on a cool engine) it will either buck and throw a transmission malfunction, or lose power and potentially also throw a transmission malfunction.

So here they are, all 75 of my fault codes. I'll buy a 6pack for anyone who can explain what the hell is going on. I know it'd take 20 magic wands strapped together to get even close to 0 codes, but I'd at least like to knock out the red ones.

FR_2020-03-30_17-55-55 (1).pdf

If the engine has to come out, it has to come out. I'm not worried about that, my mechanic had it apart 4 different times. Besides the shrouds, it only takes about an hour. I'm hoping it's something that needs to be recalibrated or a wire that is unplugged. The only thing I've done is try the transmission re-learn.

Again, any ideas, help, direction, or sympathy would be amazing. I just want my fun car back.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
Anzafin
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 550i xdrive

How old is your battery? Many codes look like they could be because of a bad battery.
You should join the N63 group in the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwn63

Lots of helpful people there.

- Antti -
Appreciate 0