2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Flashing Help Needed

03-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Flashing Help Needed

Calling all coders/flashers..

I am struggling just a little bit. Here is the scenario. I want to retrofit LED headlights and in the future, NBT install as well. Lets start with LEDs.

I have laid down a full parallel headlight harness for LEDs and made all the connections needed (KCAN3 wiring, LIN bus, power from rear fuse box and ZBE etc, everything). I also have acquired the following modules :

1 - FRM from 2014 car (with 2 SWFLs listed not 4)
2 - ZGW-02 High Plus (from a 650i 2013 with Most since car had CIC)
3 - ZGW-02 8sk (without Most for NBT retrofit)

I first modified the car FA to remove 522(xenon) and 524(adaptive) and added 552 (LED). Then I wrote that FA to car and proceeded to code FRM and it went fine as in the FRM got coded and showed my car VIN next to it. Now my issue is LEDs need KCAN3 from ZGW. My current car is 05/11 build and has ZGW 02 high. So one thing is I don't know if it has KCAN3 or not since those pins were previously empty (pins 10 and 28 for KCAN3 hi and low) and I added the pins to the connector and wired to the headlights.

Here is the issue, ZGW doesn't know anything different yet since its not flashed. I first tried to put in the ZGW-02 High Plus but ran into stupid E-Sys issue where it doesn't let me calculate SVT if I use my current I-step. So, not I've tried e-sys 3.27 with latest psdzdata files, well when I used the latest psdzdata I get fa2fp error when I try to activate my FA. if I used the older somewhat working psdzdata folder I don't get this FA2FP error. and because of this FA2FP error I cannot see any dates to calculate SVT at all...

SO here is what I need help with from one of the coding experts:

1 - Flash the ZGW-02 High Plus to my car to enable KCAN3 (so using a newer FA most likely)
2 - Flash the ZGW-02 8sk to my car to enable KCAN3(since it should already be setup for NBT)

Please msg me if you are able to provide this service. I can have a remote session setup on my laptop with a charger connected for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 04:03 AM   #2
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

All set..figured it out between me and CodeMyBimer
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 04:13 AM   #3
jacques1959
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91lci/nbt-evo

Hello,
could you tell me how to flash the zgw-2?
Your problem is solved, but what is the solution?

jac
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 12:11 PM   #4
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep

Sorry Jac,

Long time in replying to this, but my issue was nothing big just a combination of not using e-sys correctly and not having my FA setup correctly to do flashing. Hardware wise everything was working fine.

Lesson learnt is to get a good working modified FA and not to mess with force flashing when HWEL is coming up red in e-sys
Appreciate 0