2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Brake Force Display - BimmerCode

02-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #23
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
I was bummed when my wife was following me, and said that my lights weren't flashing under braking.
Braking or HARD BRAKING? Normal braking won't cause the blink; it's designed for "panic" braking. The front doesn't nosedive during "panic" braking so the brake lights flash to let those tailgaters know that you're stopping rather quickly. There's an explanation somewhere...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #24
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Braking or HARD BRAKING? Normal braking won't cause the blink; it's designed for "panic" braking. The front doesn't nosedive during "panic" braking so the brake lights flash to let those tailgaters know that you're stopping rather quickly. There's an explanation somewhere...
The brake force display is activated when your deceleration goes above a certain threshold. You can change it to be something stupidly low like 2m/s2 if you want it on all the time.

There's also a parameter that controls when the BFD turns off, determed by when your deceleration rate decreases to below a certain threshold. It needs to be coded to be lower than the activation speed if you code activation to be below the default deactivation threshold.

The NHTSA study suggests that the largest benefit is activation at around 3.5m/s2, which corresponds to a werte value of 07.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #25
Casebrius
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535 M-Sport; 95,97 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Any chance of getting a screenshot of your settings?

I was bummed when my wife was following me, and said that my lights weren't flashing under braking.
go to footwell module
Expert mode
3050 FRM_AU... blah blah blah
ESS_ERSCHEINUNGSBILD
THEN CHECK bremslicht blinkend
code... done
Appreciate 0