2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Change Head Unit to NBT in 2013 535i

02-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
_GW_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive

Change Head Unit to NBT in 2013 535i

I'm preparing to change my head unit to a NBT unit that I purchased from eBay. This NBT unit should allow me to code a iDrive resolution output that is higher than what my original radio was sending to my original 6.5 inch screen. I already replaced the 6.5 inch screen with a 10.25 inch Android screen. The tablet side of the Android screen looks great with its higher resolution but the iDrive side of the Android screen still receives a lower resolution from iDrive.

I'm looking over this head unit before I open up my dash to install it. It appears to offer more connectors on the back than what's available on my original radio.

So far it seems obvious that the BIG PINK connector on the far-left will be for the display. And the little BLUE connector on the far-right is for GPS.

1. Does anyone know the purpose for each of the other connectors?

2. There's a WiFi label on the top of the radio. Does this WiFi feature mean I could connect the radio itself to any WiFi network so that the radio can access the internet?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 02:16 AM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

www.newtis.info
You should be able to research some questions there.
You do realize there are different versions of NBT?
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do exactly.
Appreciate 1
_GW_25.00
      02-07-2019, 03:56 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

another reason why I never got around to doing mine. it's not just a simple plug and play and boom 10" screen
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
_GW_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xDrive

Okay. Since I already bought the radio and have it, I might as well do some research to try and make it work.

We'll see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #5
Xtreemk
Registered
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i 2012 GCC

iDrive controller Multimedia etc not working

After having a long journey with my 535i. I went out to buy something outside I left my kid in the vehicle. When I came back I realized i can only access radio from the dashboard. The idrive controller is not working. All other functions on the screen are shadowy. Only the radio function works.
No warranty.
Attached Images

10-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #6
Kingkajee
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GW_ View Post
I'm preparing to change my head unit to a NBT unit that I purchased from eBay. This NBT unit should allow me to code a iDrive resolution output that is higher than what my original radio was sending to my original 6.5 inch screen. I already replaced the 6.5 inch screen with a 10.25 inch Android screen. The tablet side of the Android screen looks great with its higher resolution but the iDrive side of the Android screen still receives a lower resolution from iDrive.

I'm looking over this head unit before I open up my dash to install it. It appears to offer more connectors on the back than what's available on my original radio.

So far it seems obvious that the BIG PINK connector on the far-left will be for the display. And the little BLUE connector on the far-right is for GPS.

1. Does anyone know the purpose for each of the other connectors?

2. There's a WiFi label on the top of the radio. Does this WiFi feature mean I could connect the radio itself to any WiFi network so that the radio can access the internet?

Hey buddy,

Did you get anywhere with this?
My 2015 F10 Lci has the original nav with a 6.5" screen. Using an android screen, I was hoping I could use a Pro head unit with the android screen.
I can only think the idrive controller will be an issue
Appreciate 0