2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Importing Audio Files

08-31-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
dkalbach
Dave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i xDrive (F10)

Importing Audio Files

Is there a way to move songs from one folder to another in the iDrive?

Silly question - but thought someone here may have a better answer.

I was trying to import my entire iTunes library to my vehicle. Used a 500G USB Drive, imported all of my music which took some doing (iTunes had many songs listed by track, then name, causing my music to sort 01 Song 1, 01 Song 2, 01 Song 3...)

So I cleaned it all up then imported my library.

Then I found a few duplicates in the iDrive, so I manually went in and deleted duplicates (duplicates mostly caused by same song on two or more albums - (Greatest Hits and Compilations))

Accidentally I deleted two songs that I wanted to keep. I can reimport the entire file and start from new (but that would be a PITA)

Tried importing just the two songs, but then they end up in a different location folder (All Music) is where I would like them to be.

Last edited by dkalbach; 08-31-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkalbach View Post

Silly question - but thought someone here may have a better answer.

I was trying to import my entire iTunes library to my vehicle. Used a 500G USB Drive, imported all of my music which took some doing (iTunes had many songs listed by track, then name, causing my music to sort 01 Song 1, 01 Song 2, 01 Song 3...)

So I cleaned it all up then imported my library.

Then I found a few duplicates in the iDrive, so I manually went in and deleted duplicates (duplicates mostly caused by same song on two or more albums - (Greatest Hits and Compilations))

Accidentally I deleted two songs that I wanted to keep. I can reimport the entire file and start from new (but that would be a PITA)

Tried importing just the two songs, but then they end up in a different location folder (All Music) is where I would like them to be.

From what I've read, no.

I had issues like you mentioned with the track number preceding the song title. I had to manually create a folder with the album name then import the songs into the album folder. I don't have that many albums but it still took me over 5 hours to do it! And then I'm still stuck with the track number problem.

On a side note, deleting a track in my CIC equipped car is easy; pray tell how it's done in the NBT? In the CIC it's just "options" when the song is playing. For the life of me I can't figure out how to delete a track.
Appreciate 0