2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Still want an EV?

Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #7723
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
The other big factor is freezing cold weather to deal with where cars are burning up 5-10% of their battery capacity per day just to not completely freeze, and then either won't charge at all, or are sucking down 7-10kW on "pre-conditioning" for hours and still never charge. Then again, a secondary ICE vehicle would cover for that as well.
If that was really a big thing, then I doubt I'd see so many EVs here in Alaska. Even seen me some Rivians now...but mostly Tesla, Hyundai, Kia, Ford...a few others in much smaller numbers. I did have one pull out behind me on a real rough road today and it was funny to watch them go around all the bumps...but then I'm basically in a baja truck and the SUV in front of me was going at least as slow when I caught up. But back to the EVs in cold places: The sky isn't falling here like it is for Car-Addicted. He lives in constant fear of EVs, but they are here working every day.
      Today, 04:54 AM   #7724
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
bought a Kia EV6 GT at 40% discount, it's so good I've sold my M340i today.
Now it's mind numbingly fast and comfortable EV for the family and V8 when i'm driving alone
Sounds like a great deal. That's your initial depreciation back to you as a discount so well played
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:58 AM   #7725
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.87]
Global monthly atmospheric sulphur hexafluoride levels

The researchers found that SF6 emissions in China almost doubled from 2.6 gigagrams (Gg) per year in 2011, when they accounted for 34 percent of global SF6 emissions, to 5.1 Gg per year in 2021, when they accounted for 57 percent of global total SF6 emissions. This increase from China over the 10-year period — some of it emerging from the country’s less-populated western regions — was larger than the global total SF6 emissions rise, highlighting the importance of lowering SF6 emissions from China in the future.
https://news.mit.edu/2024/atmospheri...oride-sf6-0328

I wonder if Sulphur compounds effect ground water?
Appreciate 0