F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Dealership Oil & Air Filter Change
Studio RSR

06-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
Kowboi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, 528ix, 540ix

Dealership Oil & Air Filter Change

Just had my dealership service my vehicle. They replaced the cabin air filter and changed the oil.

I picked up my car and checked the "vehicle status" and the idrive is telling me that my next oil change reminder is in 2 years or 26,000 km. I mentioned is to my dealership and they said that they can not set my oil reminder to 1 year as hey replaced the air filter and it is on a 2 year service schedule. So, I have to remember to have my car serviced by next June or they car won't remind me.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may ask in the coding forum if there is a way to code the reminder interval back to 1 year.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowboi
Just had my dealership service my vehicle. They replaced the cabin air filter and changed the oil.

I picked up my car and checked the "vehicle status" and the idrive is telling me that my next oil change reminder is in 2 years or 26,000 km. I mentioned is to my dealership and they said that they can not set my oil reminder to 1 year as hey replaced the air filter and it is on a 2 year service schedule. So, I have to remember to have my car serviced by next June or they car won't remind me.

Has anyone else experienced this? I may ask in the coding forum if there is a way to code the reminder interval back to 1 year.
I just get them to put one of those static stickers on my windshield as well as using Fuely app for all fuel & service intervals.
      06-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
I just get them to put one of those static stickers on my windshield as well as using Fuely app for all fuel & service intervals.
Good idea. Just ask for a sticker on the windshield. Personally, I just put it into my calendar to remind myself to call in and book.
Appreciate 1