BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Trailer hitch on the F97?

So my dealer told me it was not possible to order a factory hitch on my F97 even though I was able to get it on my G01. I realize the X3M is supposed to be a hot rod suv, but it's still needs to be practical. To make things even stranger, my Italian dealer tells me a factory hitch is possible on the European F97. Does anyone have any Intel on hitches for the US versions?

Ciao e grazie,

Mr. Italy
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

In the US you cannot spec a hitch from BMW on the X3/4M while you can on the M40i version. This must relate to the exhaust but I don't know. If I ever get an X3M I would have to have a hitch for bike rack and would hopefully be able to install a Stealth Hitch: https://stealthhitches.com/products/...5-2018-present
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 02:05 AM   #3
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Yeah, I came across the stealth hitch in my searches early on Even though they list one for the G01, it's probably just a matter of time before they release one for the F97. I was just hoping for a factory solution like I had on my G01 M40i. Oddly enough, the F97 I have on order has prewiring for a hitch, so that's a start. I'm going to see if the European factory F97 will fit my American bumper and chassis. All my trailers are European anyway. Will let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0