2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Remote starter options
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Remote starter options

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2016 535 and I am looking for remote starter options. I do not really want the genuine BMW as I have heard some negative things. I am looking for aftermarket solutions that do not require splicing of wires. Please let me know what you have installed or any options for remote start on the f10.

Thank you,
Evan
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
453
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

You are not going to find much.
My understanding it is against European law to idle unattended.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
delviacv2
Lieutenant
delviacv2's Avatar
United_States
109
Rep
421
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Milford, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoy936 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2016 535 and I am looking for remote starter options. I do not really want the genuine BMW as I have heard some negative things. I am looking for aftermarket solutions that do not require splicing of wires. Please let me know what you have installed or any options for remote start on the f10.

Thank you,
Evan
https://www.eurostart.com
__________________
2015 535d Xdrive Sophisto Grey Metallic
-DUDMD Stage 1
-xHP Transmission Flash
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

I took the plunge. If anyone is interested in adding remote start on a BMW. Check this video out. I will becoming out with a review soon!

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 07:58 PM   #5
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
20
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Oh definately please put up a video of the units installed and remote starting operational. I am definitely interested in getting one of these.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 08:39 PM   #6
EL Jeffe 5
Major
EL Jeffe 5's Avatar
United_States
572
Rep
1,194
Posts

Drives: CBR1000RR
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoy936 View Post
I took the plunge. If anyone is interested in adding remote start on a BMW. Check this video out. I will becoming out with a review soon!

I'm interested
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #7
bmwerks1
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 330, 2011 BMW 535
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

i have a 2011 f10 535i and I've searched all over for a solution.
Most persons say that the five series of this generation and later doesn't support remote start whereas the 3 series does.
I've found persons who say they can do it but after having 15 experienced persons from different parts of the country tell me no, I don't want to take a chance with the two that say they can and then run into problems
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 11:47 AM   #8
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Yes your car will support this remote start system 100 percent!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwerks1 View Post
i have a 2011 f10 535i and I've searched all over for a solution.
Most persons say that the five series of this generation and later doesn't support remote start whereas the 3 series does.
I've found persons who say they can do it but after having 15 experienced persons from different parts of the country tell me no, I don't want to take a chance with the two that say they can and then run into problems
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:03 PM   #9
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
20
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoy936 View Post
Yes your car will support this remote start system 100 percent!
Any vids of your car after the install? How's it working?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #10
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

The video on this will be out tomorrow!



Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
Any vids of your car after the install? How's it working?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 08:44 PM   #11
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
20
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoy936 View Post
The video on this will be out tomorrow!



Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
Any vids of your car after the install? How's it working?
Can't wait. I'm sure this will be sweet. Been looking for a remote start option of quality build that is reliable.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 09:03 PM   #12
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Here is the link:

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 11:24 PM   #13
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
20
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Sweeeet!, I need one of those. I recognize you from some you tube videos you uploaded. Good to see you on the forums!
I'm gonna check out the links.

By the way....where did you go to get the system installed and how long is the turn around time?

Last edited by RJV3; 02-16-2021 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: Added more detail
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 05:39 PM   #14
Egoy936
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: Bmw 535
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

I was able to get the kit directly from Euro Start as I am an influencer. However you can use their site to find a dealer near you. Installation time is around 3 hours.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #15
RJV3
Customize Everything!
United_States
20
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: 17 F06 Gran Coupe/ 16 F10 535
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoy936 View Post
I was able to get the kit directly from Euro Start as I am an influencer. However you can use their site to find a dealer near you. Installation time is around 3 hours.
Found some dealers close by. Thanks for the review
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #16
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
tracfour's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 2014 550. 2015 x328d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Nice

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 10:12 PM   #17
Houranimd49
Private
United_States
6
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Has anyone been able to find how to buy it online?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST