2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Ideas to minimize sliding in seats?

09-28-2020, 11:27 PM   #1
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Ideas to minimize sliding in seats?

I have the standard seats in my car, and while they're okay, I definitely feel myself sliding around a decent amount when taking turns quicker. Specifically, my shoulders need help staying in place. I know aftermarket seats can quickly resolve this problem, but I'm not too keen on losing seat heating. Comfort seats with the adjustable side bolsters are an option, but man is it expensive for what amounts to just a minor annoyance. Ideally I'd like to find some kind of add on side bolster, but haven't really had much luck with finding anything of the sorts. Any ideas?

Last edited by Unspec; 09-28-2020 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #2
dzz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi, MHD Stage 2+

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
I have the standard seats in my car, and while they're okay, I definitely feel myself sliding around a decent amount when taking turns quicker. Specifically, my shoulders need help staying in place. I know aftermarket seats can quickly resolve this problem, but I'm not too keen on losing seat heating. Comfort seats with the adjustable side bolsters are an option, but man is it expensive for what amounts to just a minor annoyance. Ideally I'd like to find some kind of add on side bolster, but haven't really had much luck with finding anything of the sorts. Any ideas?
Ducktape? and you get to keep your heated seats OK, joking aside, I think bucket seats is what you want. Or if you can find multi contour seats, they have additional side support which can keep you in place without sliding. I have them and I like that feature. I would imagine they'll not be cheap if you can find them.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzz View Post
Ducktape? and you get to keep your heated seats OK, joking aside, I think bucket seats is what you want. Or if you can find multi contour seats, they have additional side support which can keep you in place without sliding. I have them and I like that feature. I would imagine they'll not be cheap if you can find them.
Yea, Cobra Nogaro's are the only ones so far I've found that offer seat heating with their seats (and custom leather so it matches the rest of the interior). But they're 2k a seat... at that price point I'd rather just go with M5 seats lol
Appreciate 0