2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Finally settled on colour combo-I think!

10-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Dom
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2013 520d SE space grey

Finally settled on colour combo-I think!

Reckon I'll go for space grey with cinnamon instead of deep sea blue with oyster/black. Am I making a mistake?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
caaan
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Reckon I'll go for space grey with cinnamon instead of deep sea blue with oyster/black. Am I making a mistake?

Dear Dom

I am driving what you are thinking to buy now. I all ready sent iphone pictures of it. I can send pictures of my car with a better quality if you have time till weekend. Its very dirthy now and I will be in travel as well.

On the other hand if you ask my personal opinon; I am very happy with this combo. Some people like more contrast between inside and outside but in this combo its not so sharp as white-black or metalic grey-brown. But if you consider outside and inside separately. Its best for both of them. Inside is very sportive and elagant. Outside is more classic.

They ask to Adrian van Hooydonk designer of F10in BMW magazine ; he says "space grey-veneto beige-anthrasite wood trim is classic and grey-cinnamenon-metal trim is sportive. Mine is mixture of both and everybody liked it in my enviroment. (may be their out of politeness)

Regards

see pictures http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435058
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Dom
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caaan View Post
Dear Dom

I am driving what you are thinking to buy now. I all ready sent iphone pictures of it. I can send pictures of my car with a better quality if you have time till weekend. Its very dirthy now and I will be in travel as well.

On the other hand if you ask my personal opinon; I am very happy with this combo. Some people like more contrast between inside and outside but in this combo its not so sharp as white-black or metalic grey-brown. But if you consider outside and inside separately. Its best for both of them. Inside is very sportive and elagant. Outside is more classic.

They ask to Adrian van Hooydonk designer of F10in BMW magazine ; he says "space grey-veneto beige-anthrasite wood trim is classic and grey-cinnamenon-metal trim is sportive. Mine is mixture of both and everybody liked it in my enviroment. (may be their out of politeness)

Regards

see pictures http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435058

Thank you. I would love to see pictures of your car. I think you are right that they are both the best colours for the inside and the outside. I'm just not too sure if they go well together.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
deejaygee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Cinnamon interior is gastly!

Getting into a car that colour everyday would make me vomit!!!

Effects residual value too!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Space Grey and Oyster, just ordered 550i M sport. Cinnamon is vile up close, and kills RV as said, no one wants it.
      10-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
jeffhoff
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White X5M

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Color choices are personal, as some have said here the Cinnamon isn't appealing to them (or me either). I'm pretty basic, white car, black nappa leather, I've found I don't tire of the white, and the black interior hides the dirt as well as wear and tear well.

You're the one that has to look at it every day, so go with what you find appealing.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhoff View Post
Color choices are personal, as some have said here the Cinnamon isn't appealing to them (or me either). I'm pretty basic, white car, black nappa leather, I've found I don't tire of the white, and the black interior hides the dirt as well as wear and tear well.

You're the one that has to look at it every day, so go with what you find appealing.
Well said.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Don't ask. Trust yourself.

Buy what you like. That's all that matters. Forget what other people think. It's your car, your life. You're not buying a new car for anybody else to approve.

Enjoy it when it arrives. In any color combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
kealaiki
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Why do you obsess over what OTHERS think? After all, it's YOUR car, paid for with YOUR money. Get what suits you and never mind what others think.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
chiver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
I have the cinnamon interior. I am very very happy with it. At first i was very apprehensive as I had never seen the colour in person when I purchased my car, but I was very tired of the same black, grey or beige I have had in all my cars and wanted something different. I dont really worry about how it would effect the resale value as I will be using the car for a few years and you never know what the future holds! My personal opinion is that this interior would look better with a dark grey/black exterior or white, but at the end of the day its your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
dieselbmw
Australia
Rep
Drives: Merc W221 C220 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiver View Post
I have the cinnamon interior. I am very very happy with it. At first i was very apprehensive as I had never seen the colour in person when I purchased my car, but I was very tired of the same black, grey or beige I have had in all my cars and wanted something different. I dont really worry about how it would effect the resale value as I will be using the car for a few years and you never know what the future holds! My personal opinion is that this interior would look better with a dark grey/black exterior or white, but at the end of the day its your car.
Glad you like it! I'm thinking of Cinnamon as well. All my previous cars had black interior and I'm sick of it, I like Oyster but it will get scuffed too easily, and I don't like grey.

Please post some pictures as well if possible. On some pictures it looks too light and has a pinky or orangy tinge and that's my main worry. If it's dark brown I'll have no problem with it. I'm thinking of getting the car tinted so it may be nicer that way.
      10-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
chiver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438293

The pictures dont really capture the colour very well. When its sunny it looks dark brown, cloudy weather it looks pinkish and when its a little darker it looks reddish. Initially I ordered oyster but changed my mind thinking the damage my kids will do to that combo. So far the cinnamon has held up pretty well ! Not sure about Australia, but here in HK ive observed that many new cars have non traditional interior colours now, brown, red, tan...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhoff View Post
+2

I have the deep sea blue with oyster/black and I think it's lovely. I had a service loaner (335) with the cinnamon and I thought it was nice but I think I would tire of it.

As for resale, yes, it may make the car harder to sell, but if you're leasing it doesn't matter.

The thing I like about both the cinnamon and the oyster is that they are two-toned (with black) which isn't so monochrome like the gray or tan or all black interiors.

The space gray is lovely in the F10. I chose blue because I've had so many gray and black cars (most with gray interior) and I wanted a change.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
mcquill
f10 520d M Sport
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F10 520d Sport Auto Space Grey

I have a 3 series in Sparkling Graphite with the Terra Dakota (a little darker than the cinnamon) and love it, moving to Space Grey/Oyster-Black in an F10 purely because I fancy a change. I have had no issue with the colour affecting the resale/trade-in.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
Dom
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep

After seeing the pics posted by Taylorpetie on the 29th August of his Sophisto Grey with Oyster/Black I'm very tempted to go down that road - it looks fantastic.

Last edited by Dom; 10-20-2010 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
Lost-Again
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520 D Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiver View Post
Me too, looks fantastic with White and the brushed alloy trim. I've had no negative comments.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #17
pogodog
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Is your oyster colered leather wearing well. I am about to order that color and it looks great new but what about day to day wear and dirt? I'm sick of black.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #18
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogodog View Post
Is your oyster colered leather wearing well. I am about to order that color and it looks great new but what about day to day wear and dirt? I'm sick of black.
I had Oyster in my X6, it was great and stayed pretty clean, it only needed the odd wipe down with a wet-wipe every now and then, came up like new.
      11-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I had Oyster in my X6, it was great and stayed pretty clean, it only needed the odd wipe down with a wet-wipe every now and then, came up like new.
Don't you change cars every year? I believe when people ask how something wears and look over time they are referring to at least a few years. How long did you keep your X6 with the Oyster and how much millage on the car? One year is not long enough to judge how well leather or anything else wears in a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I usually change Cars every year, this one may stay for two years, it will get Oil when it "asks for it" and not before.

..... 100K miles too me is another 10 new cars

Last edited by Stephen5242; 11-29-2010 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post
Don't you change cars every year? I believe when people ask how something wears and look over time they are referring to at least a few years. How long did you keep your X6 with the Oyster and how much millage on the car? One year is not long enough to judge how well leather or anything else wears in a vehicle.
One year and 12K miles, no wear as such at all, yes it was sold for the M3 E90.
      11-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
pogodog
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

I was wondering how it does after 3 to 4 years as that is when I would sell it and don't want prospective buyers shying away because of the seat condition due to the light color with wear/stains, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
kahraman1976
Rep
Drives: F10

Best sportive

I use this combo, it is really best sportive combo, many bmw users agree that
Appreciate 0