Nice driving
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

So who has an AW 1M, window tint, a performance spoiler, black grills and black wheels? Also, the 1M did get caught up in traffic numerous times. Too bad the track wasn't open for them only.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Cool vid but that driving of the TTRS owner makes me nervous for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
So who has an AW 1M, window tint, a performance spoiler, black grills and black wheels? Also, the 1M did get caught up in traffic numerous times. Too bad the track wasn't open for them only.
The TTRS has TOYO R888 tracktires on them. This kind of vids don't say I thing, especially with so much traffic. Like the sound of the TTRS and it for sure has a nice punch (also quite some understeer by the way)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 1M

What a pair of reckless idiots!

The Nordschleife is NOT a racetrack, and on that day it was VERY busy (he even comments that in his video). Several times in that video their OTT racing could have ended in a complete mess! Just look at the reaction of the Golf+ driver as they entered the Karussell, then look at the line the Golf+ driver was in as they left the Karussell.

Twats, the pair of them, and if you are on here you should be ashamed. There was machinery on that track that would eat you for breakfast (GTR, GT3RS etc), but they were holding back... holding back for a reason, it was busy!

Last edited by kmpowell; 09-29-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

and this......would be why i'd NEVER want to take my motorcycle out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

I thought the "beeping" of the horn was a bit much!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #9
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

It looked like he near took the front of the Lambo off.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpowell View Post
I honestly don't know where exactly your problem is. I personally know the driver of the 1M and believe me, he was running at max. 90%. He is an active VLN driver and knows what he is doing. He and I have driven similar laps together. I don't have a problem with him slipstreaming me in traffic, because I know he's watching traffic well ahead and will give me room to manoever as soon as I need it. And there's not that many drivers I'd say that for. As far as the entry and exit to the Karussell... maybe not the classic entry but other than that??? And the "machinery on that track that would eat you for breakfast" bit... you do realize, that even the best machinery needs drivers that can actually drive the Ring? Naturally, you can define that as "holding back". Others might just define it as "rather expensive mobile chicanes". Simply depends on your personal point of view.
      09-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:

The Nordschleife is NOT a racetrack, and on that day it was VERY busy (he even comments that in his video). Several times in that video their OTT racing could have ended in a complete mess! Just look at the reaction of the Golf+ driver as they entered the Karussell, then look at the line the Golf+ driver was in as they left the Karussell.

Twats, the pair of them, and if you are on here you should be ashamed. There was machinery on that track that would eat you for breakfast (GTR, GT3RS etc), but they were holding back... holding back for a reason, it was busy!

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Cool vid but that driving of the TTRS owner makes me nervous for some reason.
hes so close and to hard on throttle eekkkks
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
I honestly don't know where exactly your problem is. I personally know the driver of the 1M and believe me, he was running at max. 90%. He is an active VLN driver and knows what he is doing. He and I have driven similar laps together. I don't have a problem with him slipstreaming me in traffic, because I know he's watching traffic well ahead and will give me room to manoever as soon as I need it. And there's not that many drivers I'd say that for. As far as the entry and exit to the Karussell... maybe not the classic entry but other than that??? And the "machinery on that track that would eat you for breakfast" bit... you do realize, that even the best machinery needs drivers that can actually drive the Ring? Naturally, you can define that as "holding back". Others might just define it as "rather expensive mobile chicanes". Simply depends on your personal point of view.
My point of view is as somebody who has been to the ring several times (once witnessing a horrific crash resulting in death and closure of the ring for the whole day), and also driven it several times.

All my points are in my original post, and for all I care he can be Michael bloody Schumacher with every race qualification in the world, but he cannot be in control of anybody else reactions. That track was littered with run-of-the-mill cars being driven by inexperienced people, all it would of taken is one of those people to panic and there would have been carnage!

There is a time and a place for that sort of driving, and that certainly wasn't one of them. Those faster cars (GT3RS etc) were respecting the conditions, they did not have inexperienced drivers at the wheel, you can tell that by the lines they were taking as these idiots were overtaking and putting pressure on them to move over.

I stand by my view that they both drove in a completely unsuitable way for the those surroundings.
      09-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
All my points are in my original post, and for all I care he can be Michael bloody Schumacher with every race qualification in the world, but he cannot be in control of anybody else reactions.
+1. It sounds like there are various levels of skill out there, and some people could be spooked. I don't want to take sides in a flame-a-thon here, but I agree with this statement at least.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2000, 718 Spyder, E92 M3

Quote:
I honestly don't know where exactly your problem is. I personally know the driver of the 1M and believe me, he was running at max. 90%. He is an active VLN driver and knows what he is doing. He and I have driven similar laps together.
Who cares if you personally know the 1M driver. I don't give a shit who he is or what qualifications he has. Im been on the ring too and have seen accidents from idiots like you that don't understand there are people on it that are just there to drive the ring at 20% just to be on the ring. Not everyone is racing for the seconds.

and btw the 1M driver's line sucked. And the TT-RS almost took off the lambo's front. If i was the lambo owner i woulda chased you down and beat the shit outta you.

Quote:
My point of view is as somebody who has been to the ring several times (once witnessing a horrific crash resulting in death and closure of the ring for the whole day), and also driven it several times.

All my points are in my original post, and for all I care he can be Michael bloody Schumacher with every race qualification in the world, but he cannot be in control of anybody else reactions. That track was littered with run-of-the-mill cars being driven by inexperienced people, all it would of taken is one of those people to panic and there would have been carnage!

There is a time and a place for that sort of driving, and that certainly wasn't one of them. Those faster cars (GT3RS etc) were respecting the conditions, they did not have inexperienced drivers at the wheel, you can tell that by the lines they were taking as these idiots were overtaking and putting pressure on them to move over.

I stand by my view that they both drove in a completely unsuitable way for the those surroundings.
+1278637543925
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #16
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

@kmpowell: Sorry, you're over reacting. Next time you come, let me know in advance and I'll see if any of the fast guys is there and can take you for a ride. Then you'll see first-hand, that they all leave room for error. Granted, maybe less than you would, but then the chance is, that they may simply be better trained and more experienced. Mind you... I am speaking for the 1M driver. I don't think I know the Audi driver. If you watch the 1M, you'll see he leaves more room than the guy in the Audi. Apart from that, you'd be surprised how little damage there is if cars actually touch side to side. And the drivers causing the horrific crashes, they're usually not the fast ones. And the fatal crashes almost always involve bikes. Mostly those bike riders that think they can race cars and that don't even understand the fundamentals of applied physics. You fully entitled to your opinion, but you're simply wrong as far as the 1M driver is concerned. Not everything you can't or wouldn't do yourself is automatically irresponsible. And personal insults are certainly not appropriate.

And now I am out of this thread. It's getting childish! (Specifically not refering to your posts kmpowell.)
      09-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
elitt13
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: 1///M Coupe & ///M2 CS DKG

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M coupé  [10.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
I like the vidéo !!!

and I think 1M's Driver drive good

on the Nordschleife there're always many people and many VIP people who don't run so fast...
      09-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post

and btw the 1M driver's line sucked.

And you know the line better??? Have you driven the 1M at the ring? if its some other car, then your opinion is pointless.

Everyone knows that if you are a newb at the ring, you better watch out for faster cars...cars will come flying! If you get rattled by that, then you dont belong at the track.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
@kmpowell: Sorry, you're over reacting.
In your opinion, which seems to be in the vast minority.

Quote:
Next time you come, let me know in advance and I'll see if any of the fast guys is there and can take you for a ride.
I don't need one of your so called friends to take me for a ride! I have participated in enough track days and laps around the Ring to know what a fast lap feels like. So don't patronise me as if you and your little gang know it all, you don't!

Quote:
you'd be surprised how little damage there is if cars actually touch side to side. And the drivers causing the horrific crashes, they're usually not the fast ones.
Those two utterly ridiculous statements sum up the reckless & thoughtless attitude you have towards the ring. Grow up.

Quote:
You fully entitled to your opinion
I am, and I stick by it.

Last edited by kmpowell; 09-29-2011 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #20
woojae2001
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 1M, E93 M3, E46 323i

Garage List
Quote:

I don't need one of your so called friends to take me for a ride! I have participated in enough track days and laps around the Ring to know what a fast lap feels like. So don't patronise me as if you and your little gang know it all, you don't!

Those two utterly ridiculous statements sum up the reckless & thoughtless attitude you have towards the ring. Grow up.

I am, and I stick by it.
How old are you? Bloody Hell the past is past - They're not bad drivers - you're just as immature and stupid for getting emotional and talking down the drivers' driving technique rather than staying objective and to-the-point - you grow up.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
full of lulz..... why go to a race track? to drive slow of course...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #22
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:

I am, and I stick by it.
Seriously?! You should really cool down a bit and IMO you are overreacting. Your posts are getting ridiculous and childish and your tone is completely inappropriate.
Appreciate 0