10-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Saw my first BSM 1M on the road

.....and WOW!

Seriously, I know that I've test driven this car (in AW mind you) but damn this car has some road presence.

Seriously I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw it coming the other way on the road. There was a line of traffic and I saw this pumped up, wide bodied, squat little car sitting amongst the normal humdrum traffic.

The rear arches looked so damn wide and in BSM, this is the first black 1M I've ever seen. I was SERIOUSLY impressed!! What a car!

I did even half wonder if I should have gone for BSM, but as my car is built now (well hopefully anyway), I can't change my colour choice.

I spent the rest of the afternoon just thinking about just how good the car looked.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Regretfully, BSM is the best looking color for the car.. I say that regretfully because it's too hot for SoCal IMO. I sat in 135i white and black, side by side at dealer and temp difference was amazing. I also found that the AC in my AW 1M still left me sweating quite a bit in Italy. I can't imagine what it would be like the BSM car....

With that said, I agree, BSM is the best looking IMO. Mine is a daily driver, if not, I would have gotten BSM.

Last edited by nachob; 10-02-2011 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I've got a BSM on order and this thread makes me very happy! It was either BSM or AW for me. Good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
I spent the rest of the afternoon just thinking about just how good the car looked.
I take it Chris that your 1M is coming in AW? ???
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Regretfully, BSM is the best looking color for the car..

I agree, BSM is the best looking IMO.
+1 although im liking VO more and more
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
firebolt105
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

I've yet to see one and mind you I live in so cal
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I take it Chris that your 1M is coming in AW? ???
Yep mine will be AW

Up until today I've only seen VO and AW and chose AW as I personally preferred it. However after seeing the BSM today I was very impressed. It has a real menacing look to it
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

I felt the same when I saw Scaramanga's BSM the other week, looks really hard in that colour.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978.530i View Post
I've got a BSM on order and this thread makes me very happy! It was either BSM or AW for me. Good stuff.
Agreed! This thread makes me very happy too! I've had my BSM 1M for 3 weeks now and I am more and more fascinated by it every day that goes on. I'm dying to reach the 2000kms break in distance to have it serviced and see what it really is about!
I've seen a couple of AW 1M around and I test drove a VO 1M before I bought mine, and they look great! But I Simply LOVE the BSM!!
      10-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Same here I knew BSM would be a sleeper color, ppl were talking about VO and AW but for me BSM was the best. Congrats on finding a car...mine should be here within a couple weeks through Critz BMW. It's built and waiting to get ona ship. What production week is yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Regretfully, BSM is the best looking color for the car.. I say that regretfully because it's too hot for SoCal IMO. I sat in 135i white and black, side by side at dealer and temp difference was amazing. I also found that the AC in my AW 1M still left me sweathing quite a bit in Italy. I can't imagine what it would be like the BSM car....

With that said, I agree, BSM is the best looking IMO. Mine is a daily driver, if not, I would have gotten BSM.
I got a chuckle at this! If so cal is too hot for a bsm, where wouldnt be to hot? Greenland? I did get aw b/c of the heat in houston, hate swirl marks and think that aw shows the lines better.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You really can't go wrong, but in terms of looks BSM is the best BUT man, Georgia gets hot too.

It's all good, you'll be hot BUT you will look good doing it!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Quote:
Regretfully, BSM is the best looking color for the car.. I say that regretfully because it's too hot for SoCal IMO. I sat in 135i white and black, side by side at dealer and temp difference was amazing. I also found that the AC in my AW 1M still left me sweathing quite a bit in Italy. I can't imagine what it would be like the BSM car....

I got a chuckle at this! If so cal is too hot for a bsm, where wouldnt be to hot? Greenland? I did get aw b/c of the heat in houston, hate swirl marks and think that aw shows the lines better.

Ha! This year it's been hotter than Houston here in Dallas, and I was thinking the same!

For my money, BSM >>>> VO >> AW. Obviously I am very happy that I ordered mine in black.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You really can't go wrong, but in terms of looks BSM is the best BUT man, Georgia gets hot too.

Yeah, I thought about the heat here in Georgia, but I live on the coast (Tybee Island) and it won't be my DD, so I think it'll be ok. Everyone and their brother has a white car/truck around here, so I wanted something a bit different anyway.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquedemon View Post
Same here I knew BSM would be a sleeper color, ppl were talking about VO and AW but for me BSM was the best. Congrats on finding a car...mine should be here within a couple weeks through Critz BMW. It's built and waiting to get ona ship. What production week is yours?
Hey TD, Critz wasn't able to get a second car, and fortunately I was able to find another allocation a few months ago at a dealer in Maryland (my old hometown) and it seems to be locked in. It'll be one of the last cars produced so i wont get delivery until November or December. Let me know if you're in the Savannah area anytime and I'd love to hook up!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey TD, Critz wasn't able to get a second car, and fortunately I was able to find another allocation a few months ago at a dealer in Maryland (my old hometown) and it seems to be locked in. It'll be one of the last cars produced so i wont get delivery until November or December. Let me know if you're in the Savannah area anytime and I'd love to hook up!
Cool man I'm glad you were able to find a car. Ill let you know exactly when I expect to get my car, probably towards end of October. It'll be delivered to Critz so you are welcome to come down that day if your able to and check it out when I pick it up
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Cool man I'm glad you were able to find a car. Ill let you know exactly when I expect to get my car, probably towards end of October. It'll be delivered to Critz so you are welcome to come down that day if your able to and check it out when I pick it up
That would be awesome, thanks! Are you not doing PCD?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That would be awesome, thanks! Are you not doing PCD?
I had my heart set on PCD from the beginning but it turns out it'll be difficult for me. The earliest date they had available was Nov 9 a Wednesday and I have work weekdays and exams that week. The next date after that was sometime in December and I don't want to wait another month and a half to get the car once it is state-side. So I decided to drop the PCD regretfully.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #19
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I had my heart set on PCD from the beginning but it turns out it'll be difficult for me. The earliest date they had available was Nov 9 a Wednesday and I have work weekdays and exams that week. The next date after that was sometime in December and I don't want to wait another month and a half to get the car once it is state-side. So I decided to drop the PCD regretfully.
Bummer, but I understand. I'm hoping/planning to do PCD, so I'll let you know when I get it scheduled in case you can come along/meet me there. Would be fun to do it with another 1M owner!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I thought about the heat here in Georgia, but I live on the coast (Tybee Island) and it won't be my DD, so I think it'll be ok. Everyone and their brother has a white car/truck around here, so I wanted something a bit different anyway.
As they say down here..."totally" get it. Too many white cars on the road. On the other hand when I was driving in Europe in my white car, people where all checking out my car at every gas statiion, on the autobahn, etc. Color didn't seem to matter. I guess there are a lot of white cars, but not a lot of white 1Ms.

If it wasn't my daily driver and didn't have to carry small kids in the back with windows that don't roll down, I would've gotten BSM.

I envy the Greenland guys that have to have the heater on! Then again, I heard even Greenland is getting warmer. I heard they even have mosquitoes now! Scary!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
.....and WOW!

Seriously, I know that I've test driven this car (in AW mind you) but damn this car has some road presence.

Seriously I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw it coming the other way on the road. There was a line of traffic and I saw this pumped up, wide bodied, squat little car sitting amongst the normal humdrum traffic.

The rear arches looked so damn wide and in BSM, this is the first black 1M I've ever seen. I was SERIOUSLY impressed!! What a car!

I did even half wonder if I should have gone for BSM, but as my car is built now (well hopefully anyway), I can't change my colour choice.

I'd have to agree that BSM makes the car look most ... menacing. It's a very aggressive, almost raunchy look. +1.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

The BSM is the most discreet color for the 1M. Whether that is good or bad is in the eye of the beholder.

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0